Recommended Posts

I’D want to build a new pc, I already made a topic on it but it was too expensive so this is my new idea:

I7-8700K

Z370F

Zotac Amp 1080 ti

Corsair 750mx

G.Skill 16 gb 4000mhz

Samsung 970 pro 512 gb (OS, Antivirus, Office)

1 TB HDD (P3d)

Drevo 480 Gb (Other Games)

Logitech G203

Cooler Master 5

A custom Water Cooling:

Alphacool 18575 tubing

Thermaltake C1000 

Alphacool 15190

Alphacool Nexxos ST30

Alphaccol Coolmove

Ek Waterblock

Alphacool Nexos GPX 1080 Ti

Razer Keyboard

Like in the last topic, I’d said I want to build a 777 Home Cockpit

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A new generation of GPUs (1180) are going to be announced on august 20-21. Are you sure you still want to go for that 1080ti? I´m planning to get a new PC as well but I´ll want till the end of the month to make a desicion.

 

 

 

Cheers

 

Carlos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

1 TB HDD (P3d)

I would suggest going with a 1TB M.2 SSD for your P3D drive.  Data access performance for texture/scenery loading is greatly enhanced over a mechanical HDD.  Check out the Samsung EVO 960 (M.2).  For a bit more money, you could check out the EVO 970 (M.2)

Edited by dmiannay
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chass32 said:

A new generation of GPUs (1180) are going to be announced on august 20-21. Are you sure you still want to go for that 1080ti? I´m planning to get a new PC as well but I´ll want till the end of the month to make a desicion.

 

 

 

Cheers

 

Carlos

Thanks, I didn’t know the date of the exit of the new gpu generation.

 

1 hour ago, dmiannay said:

I would suggest going with a 1TB M.2 SSD for your P3D drive.  Data access performance for texture/scenery loading is greatly enhanced over a mechanical HDD.  Check out the Samsung EVO 960 (M.2).  For a bit more money, you could check out the EVO 970 (M.2)

I think I will get a 970 evo for os, antivirus, steam (obviously of 250 gb), a samsung 850evo (1Tb) and a 1 tb hdd for Fsw, Fortnite, X Plane and Microsoft Flight (not Fsx).

 

Thanks for everything, I will give you new infos in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know  what’s the best thing to do with the cooling? The custom water cooling that I want to do or a Corsair 115i pro for example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

Do you know  what’s the best thing to do with the cooling? The custom water cooling that I want to do or a Corsair 115i pro for example?

If you are committed to water cooling, I believe the general consensus is custom cooling (much more flexibility).  However, there's a lot more fiddling required for a custom solution than for an AIO solution, so it depends on how adventurous you are.

Noctua has some very good air cooling solutions, but they require a good bit of room around the CPU and can possible obstruct easy access to RAM sticks, etc.  Not all cases can accommodate the high-end air cooling solutions either, so do some research.  Air cooling is more cost-effective, but there are trade-offs with whatever solution you select.

2 hours ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

I think I will get a 970 evo for os, antivirus, steam (obviously of 250 gb), a samsung 850evo (1Tb) and a 1 tb hdd for Fsw, Fortnite, X Plane and Microsoft Flight (not Fsx).

Since you didn't say this in your response, I'm assuming you will install P3D onto one of the SSDs, right?

Edited by dmiannay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

The custom water cooling that I want to do or a Corsair 115i pro for example?

Unless you're going for extreme overclocking, the Corsair 115i should give great cooling. Custom cooling loops generally give lower temperatures but are more expensive and are fairly labour intensive - installing them is much more complicated and they also require periodic servicing. I have a Corsair 110i GT and run it in silent mode and my temps rarely rise above 65°C. For a comparison of performance, see: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h115i_pro_review,10.html

Edited by vortex681

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go with SSD drives Western Digital are shutting down there factory's making physical Disk drives, and will only make SSD drives in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 4:39 PM, dmiannay said:

If you are committed to water cooling, I believe the general consensus is custom cooling (much more flexibility).  However, there's a lot more fiddling required for a custom solution than for an AIO solution, so it depends on how adventurous you are.

Noctua has some very good air cooling solutions, but they require a good bit of room around the CPU and can possible obstruct easy access to RAM sticks, etc.  Not all cases can accommodate the high-end air cooling solutions either, so do some research.  Air cooling is more cost-effective, but there are trade-offs with whatever solution you select.

Since you didn't say this in your response, I'm assuming you will install P3D onto one of the SSDs, right?

Yes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now