Sign in to follow this  
hlender

Terps not showing up in panel.

Hi, Dave and everyone, having the same Terp problems

About 3 weeks ago my Terp charts failed to display when I clicked on the button. At that time I was running V2.5.0.4_x64. I did some searching on this Forum and found that it would be corrected with the next update. I installed two days ago Version 2.5.05_x64 update with no luck. Did some more searching here and saw that it was a problem with the internet not allowing access to the charts. I also went into the P2A config settings and the Guide but no luck there.

Found no solution to my problem. Yes, I can go online and find out what I need, Freq, Charts, etc, Pausing the program and searching, but that’s time consuming. Any help finding the charts and routing P2A to the proper folder so that they can be displayed would be appreciated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Harry

Harry,

Are you trying to set up the Charts so you can just enter the airport ID and see the charts available, or are you just wanting the Open button on TERPs window to start at a specific folder?

If the second, then you just set the "TERPs Default Open Folder" to that folder.

IF the first option, then you must set up a file structure with a folder for each airport outside the US that you want to be able to Display.  This is explained starting on page 96 of the User's Guide.  The US Airports are automatically pulled from the FAA Web site.

Dave

19 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Harry,

Are you trying to set up the Charts so you can just enter the airport ID and see the charts available, or are you just wanting the Open button on TERPs window to start at a specific folder?

If the second, then you just set the "TERPs Default Open Folder" to that folder.

IF the first option, then you must set up a file structure with a folder for each airport outside the US that you want to be able to Display.  This is explained starting on page 96 of the User's Guide.  The US Airports are automatically pulled from the FAA Web site.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding. It is the 2nd one, " just wanting the Open button on TERPs window to start at a specific folder." I think that's the one? Anyway, I don't fly outside the USA so I'm just interested in flying within the USA. Like if I fly to an airport and want to bring up the charts for that Airport I can just click and it will pop up. Hope I'm explaining it correctly. I Apologize if not. I'm puzzled as to why I was able to access them before then all of a sudden I was not. I 'll check page 96 and get back with you.

Thanks again.

Harry

Harry,

The second one lets you save any PDF file from the internet and then open it by navigating to it in the dialog and selecting it.

If you fly in the US only, then you should be able to just enter the airport code, like KSEA in the ICAO space and all the FAA charts will be available.  No setup required.

In order for the charts to show in the TERPs window, you have to have Adobe Reader set as the default PDF viewer program in Windows and in Adobe Reader.  If this is not set up correctly, the charts will open in a separate PDF viewer window instead of in the TERPs window.

Dave

3 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Harry,

The second one lets you save any PDF file from the internet and then open it by navigating to it in the dialog and selecting it.

If you fly in the US only, then you should be able to just enter the airport code, like KSEA in the ICAO space and all the FAA charts will be available.  No setup required.

In order for the charts to show in the TERPs window, you have to have Adobe Reader set as the default PDF viewer program in Windows and in Adobe Reader.  If this is not set up correctly, the charts will open in a separate PDF viewer window instead of in the TERPs window.

Dave

Dave,

If I'm reading you correctly I can enter the code, say KSTL in ICAO box and all the FAA charts should pop up. No luck. It still displays "No Charts Available." That's what it was doing, all of a sudden with V2.5.0.4_x64 and then with V2.5.0.5_x64 after I installed it. Where can a go to download the FAA charts for each Airport? Or do I still need to do that?

Harry

This sounds like a bug or problem with the web site where the charts are pulled from.

I will investigate and find a fix.

Thanks,

Dave

18 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

This sounds like a bug or problem with the web site where the charts are pulled from.

I will investigate and find a fix.

Thanks,

Dave

Ok, Thank you.

Harry

There was a change in the FAA Web site content format that was causing the problem.  Just uploaded version 2505 R2 that fixes this issue.

49 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

There was a change in the FAA Web site content format that was causing the problem.  Just uploaded version 2505 R2 that fixes this issue.

Dave

That did the trick. Thank you so much.

Harry