Sign in to follow this  
Zeuss_1238

CTD DURING 14 HOUR FLIGHT

I'm quite angry at the moment!

This morning I experienced a CTD while I was away from the computer which happened 2 hours before arrival into Sydney from a 14 HOUR FLIGHT FROM SFO! (running p3d)

this word not allowed me off because this seems to be out of my control! I have all the hardware I need and p3d running on a separate SSD drive due to the amount fo crashing on the original drive. This just seems completely out of my control though, unless someone can help me. 

Info:

I was flying UAL 863, 787-900 (quality wings) to sydney from SFO. I couldn't find an error log or crash log but I found this information in the event viewer 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.165, time stamp: 0xf4df6dc2
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f4d1b
Faulting process id: 0x24ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d428730919ce7a
Faulting application path: Z:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 691a618a-d07d-440f-8713-68c9b6b3ee60
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Can someone please help me out? I love flying but all this unstable software hurts my brain and is beginning to word not allowed me off. It's no ones fault it just makes me angry

Thanks for any help

Edited by Zeuss_1238

Linus Zwaka

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides some suggestions.  Only you can fix your problem so AVSIM has a guide on how to investigate the cause of your crash.  There is no ONE solution for an ntdll.dll error.  It could be a bad driver, incompatible addon to P3D, too high settings (less likely but possible), a bad overclock with voltages too high or too low, or it could be a bad AI aircraft with textures not compatible.  A 14 hour flight is not very long especially if you are using the excellent QW 787 as you can jump to any waypoint along the route.  I would jump to a waypoint before where your crash occurred and see if it happens again.  If not, it was mostly like a fluke.

See page 35, AVSIM CTD Guide for many more causes and possible solutions.  Page 10 of the guide shows you how to fix any crash if it involves P3D or FSX.

I would try going to the Optimal Defaults for your BIOS and try the flight again.  If no crash, then it was a bad voltage... Maybe.  This crash could have been one of those abnormal crashes that occur occasionally with any computer.  The KEY is to attempt the flight again and see if it occurs again at the point of the last crash.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 7/31/2018 at 11:19 AM, Jim Young said:

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides some suggestions.  Only you can fix your problem so AVSIM has a guide on how to investigate the cause of your crash.  There is no ONE solution for an ntdll.dll error.  It could be a bad driver, incompatible addon to P3D, too high settings (less likely but possible), a bad overclock with voltages too high or too low, or it could be a bad AI aircraft with textures not compatible.  A 14 hour flight is not very long especially if you are using the excellent QW 787 as you can jump to any waypoint along the route.  I would jump to a waypoint before where your crash occurred and see if it happens again.  If not, it was mostly like a fluke.

See page 35, AVSIM CTD Guide for many more causes and possible solutions.  Page 10 of the guide shows you how to fix any crash if it involves P3D or FSX.

I would try going to the Optimal Defaults for your BIOS and try the flight again.  If no crash, then it was a bad voltage... Maybe.  This crash could have been one of those abnormal crashes that occur occasionally with any computer.  The KEY is to attempt the flight again and see if it occurs again at the point of the last crash.

I have resolved my issue but now i am having the issue where whenever i look outside the cockpit my game drops to like 20 fps only when I look outside. I look up to the overhead and everything is fine just until i move to look outside only inside the virtual cockpit. This happens with all aircraft except the aerosoft and this issue only came up when I updated driver and cleared my cache to fix the ctd

specs:

Ryzen 1950x

32 GB Vengence

250 GB ssd samsung evo

x2 1080 ti (i only use one in p3d)

Linus Zwaka

38 minutes ago, Zeuss_1238 said:

whenever i look outside the cockpit my game drops to like 20 fps only when I look outside.

I think this is normal isn't it?  I can sit in the PMDG 777 on R/W 7L and see major differences in fps.  If I look straight ahead it is the worse, like in the 20's or 30's.  If I change to looking to the left, they go up by 20-30 fps.  If I go to wingview, they increase to 70-80 (from 40 fps).  I suspect you are talking about the QW787 and that VC is particularly hard on my fps but not where the game is unplayable.  They get better when I leave scenery that has a lot of eye-candy.  Still they are usually over 30 fps which is more than sufficient.  If the fps ever got down to the single digits, then I would be concerned. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

12 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I think this is normal isn't it?  I can sit in the PMDG 777 on R/W 7L and see major differences in fps.  If I look straight ahead it is the worse, like in the 20's or 30's.  If I change to looking to the left, they go up by 20-30 fps.  If I go to wingview, they increase to 70-80 (from 40 fps).  I suspect you are talking about the QW787 and that VC is particularly hard on my fps but not where the game is unplayable.  They get better when I leave scenery that has a lot of eye-candy.  Still they are usually over 30 fps which is more than sufficient.  If the fps ever got down to the single digits, then I would be concerned. 

ok, yes i am speaking mainly about the quality wings 787 where no matter what the fps drops. I think it has something to due with dynamic lighting but there is no way i am turning it off so ill just suck it up 🙂

Thanks for the help!

Linus Zwaka

On 8/2/2018 at 4:39 PM, Zeuss_1238 said:

I have resolved my issue .......

Zeuss .... Good news the CDT issue is resolved  ...what was your resolution as a matter of interest?

On 8/7/2018 at 9:02 AM, JackWall said:

Zeuss .... Good news the CDT issue is resolved  ...what was your resolution as a matter of interest?

I reinstalled my graphics completely and reset my nvidia settings to my ml liking. I had been experiencing issues with the drivers right when I installed them. After 14 hours of flying with a redo of the flight to sydney I am sure this fixed the issue. I also deleted my cfg file and reinstalled the qualityeings 787 just in case any software needed some refreshing!

Hope this helped!

Linus Zwaka