Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Charlotte Runways are numbered wrong

Where does Chaseplane get the info for the airport and runways to display in the static views?

Here's my dilema: In the DEFAULT  p3dv4.3 runways for KCLT or Charlotte NC, the runways are listed as:    18C; 18L; 23; 36C; 36R; 5   *******36C**** which does exist is added to default p3dv4.3 when "enabled" with FSAerodata which uses Navigraph 1808r2

With FS Aerodata enabled Charlotte in p3dv4.3 is right but Chaseplane is wrong in "Static"

Have reinstalled FSDreamteam Charlotte and now

In Chaseplane, in the static view; it list: 36R; 36R; 36L; 18R;18R; 18L; 23; 5  (one of the 36's could now be 36C and one of the 18's could be 18C and that would be correct)   with FSAerodata disabled-the static view doesn't change..runways remain the same

I know that "MakeRunway" reads the FSAerodata and I guess Chaseplane reads the files from Make Runway when I regenerate Airport Data but why the discrepancy.

Well anyway..enough of this...Looking for answers. 

Have a great day!!!

Bob M.

Bob M

CP does not use MakeRunway, it uses its own system for BGL detection.

So from what I see there are 2 36R and 2 18R, is that right?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Yes...yeah should be 18L; 18R; 18C  and 36L; 36R and 36C   and i also notice that some of the views with these are really bad but they eventually straighten out.

Thanks Keven......is there something I can do or correct or what...don't mean to be a pain!

Bob M.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

Keven...I sent a note to FSDreamteam..I am going to post it so you can see it..

I  have been trying to pin this down... I have UTLive disabled..I have completely reinstalled p3dv4.3. The only scenery is KCLT and GSX with one add-on plane Aerosoft A318/319 Pro (new-just released). I do use FSAerodata.
Default KCLT in p3dv4.3  has runways 18L;18R;36L;36R; 23;5.....After FSAerodata enabled with Navigraph, default now show all the previous and I believe 18C and 36C.  I think this is all correct. 

I install Chaseplane and I have talked to the developer and he says that all Chaseplane reads are the BGL's. I am adding pictures of Chaseplane and its runways at Charlotte BEFORE I add FSdreamteam and after. The runways to the right in the list (not showing because you have to scroll with mouse is 23; 5.

Pictures are: Analayze 1 is before FSDT KCLT
                    Analyze 2 is after FSDT KCLT

https://imgur.com/httXqbh

https://imgur.com/CpCtG6M

https://imgur.com/3T2csjp

I ran Airport Scanner and it didn't find any duplicates but it shows whats in the KCLT folder..... I am not a computer whiz...just kinda scratching the head on how to fix (if at all) this runway error....I wouldn't know how to edit BGL or anything else and Keven at Chaseplane is scratching his head too...

Not pointing fingers but just to try and figure it out.
Thanks,
Bob M.

Bob M

I have been working for days trying to figure out why and talking to FSDT and FSAerodata and I accidently starting clicking the presents and looking at and discovered what was going on. The runway numbering in P3dv4.3 and 4.2 are right.. Charlotte has 36C;36L;36R...18C;18R;18L....23 and 5  (FsAerodata is right and FSDT KCLT is right).. I know that everytime I install Chaseplane it says there is corrupt data etc and I have to go through that. Not sure what corrupt data is there? 

This the default presets for Chaseplane and Charlotte:  https://imgur.com/aQJ9c0f

Now when I click on very first runway (From left to right) 36R which is the correct runway: this is what you see  https://imgur.com/6jlv9PS

Now when you click on second 36R from left to right; this is what you get: https://imgur.com/0zt9lIM

when you click on the third 36 which is 36L; the runway is ok......and I might add the first 36R is right so its the second one with the problem  which is 36C

ON 18; the first one left to right is 18R which is correct so I assume the second 18R is going to be 18C  which it is. and the third one left to right is 18L which is correct so the second 18R is actually 18C

When I load the camera...sometimes they are correct and other times..I have to move the viewpoint up and then it will straighten up and "fly right"

I guess my question is: what file or bgl is Chaseplane reading (where is it) I believe its called APX26190 is one of those containing KCLT  can it be edited or can you do something to correct the numbering.

I don't remember having problems with p3dv4.2 and maybe the previous chaseplane program not the current 04.217... So since this is the same in p3dv4.3..i am going to update back to p3dv4.3 since this does the same there... 🙂

I am really a devoted Chaseplane fan and supporter but this has me pulling my hair out (don't have much left)

Thank you,

Bob M.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

Do you use MyTraffic, perhaps?  Sounds like you may have a duplicate ADE/AFCAD for KCLT, and a standard MyTraffic installation includes AFCADs for thousands of airports.  If you run MyTraffic you need to remove or disable the MyTraffic AFCAD on any add-on airports you might be using.  Other possible sources of dulicates might include an old install of the ImagineSim scenery, a freeware ADE etc.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

No I am just using Utlive....  Very frustrated...Had installed and egad  I really didn't  want to go there...the "E" word....Have since removed it. I have a copy of Simple Airport Scanner ...didn't see any duplicates...not that I would know what I am looking for. I just realized I didn't have Imaginesim Atlanta in because I have removed p3dv4.3 and adding as I go to try and figure out why Chaseplane is doing this.

Bob M.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

I sent a message to FSDT as well, I'll try to replicate the issue on my end

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank you,

This is the last thing I got from Umberto....

I'm not sure what you are asking here. It seems your issues is that some 3rd party utility don't see the correct runways that we surely DO have in KCLT ? If yes, how this could possibly be an FSDT problem ?

- Is FSDT KCLT installed on an higher layer than every other scenery that *might* conflict with it, which includes the FSAerodata files ?

- Are ALL your 3rd party utilities fully compatible with P3D4 add-on.xml method to install sceneries ? We use it for KCLT but, if some of your utilities aren't (Chaseplane, FSAerodata, Simple Airport Scanner), they won't see sceneries installed that way, so they might give confusing results.

This is were this post is:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18199.0.html

Thank you Keven,

Bob M.

Bob M

I have been able to replicate the issue and fix it, it will be fixed in the next update

Thanks for your detailed report!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Keven,

Bob M.

Bob M