Sign in to follow this  
South World Scenery

FAOR , Johannesburg O R Tambo

50 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Actually only 12 Euros. So irrespective of the fact that it does not have PBR, still good value.

The quality of the Rouwei version doesn't look too brilliant at the moment.IMHO.

My comment was made over 18 months ago - things change.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that🙄.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Is it released yet? Just cant wait any longer all flights delayed 

Brendon Powys

I was thinking about this project the other day.  Very interested as it's a virgin destination 

14ppkc-6.png

What I find fascinating is not even justsim or any other the other players will attempt to do Joey but they all scrap over Palma, Casa and Basel.  Heart breaking.  

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Dev was on FB page EOY stating target for Simmarket was last week of Jan 20. Yes date was missed, but that's pretty close to the finish line so I'd guess it's past the point of cancellation....

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I hope this still sees the light of day. 

Johannesburg's FAOR has been one of the most elusive airports in FS history (The NMG cartoon version aside) .  Then we're getting it, then we're not.  Then Aerosoft is doing it, then they're not.  Then Southwold Scenery is releasing it, then they're not :).  Jokes aside, the Southworld version seems like a very promising rendition of the airport and next to LC Africa by Orbx is probably on top of my list of FS wants.

Edited by ErichB

Unnecessary snide comment about cartoon version.

Accurate layout of runways, aprons and markings. Working Jetways. Lighting day/night. ILS accurate and works. Gates as in real life.

And all for R130 (about $9).

If you want to wait for ever and pay $30+ that's your choice. I am quite happy flying in and out of there (NMG) at least once a week. With no FPS drop.

I am not saying that it won't be worth it to wait but be fair and compare like to like.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

+1

Leon Gerber

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 4.12 Ghz (water cooled)GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12 GBMemory: Corsair 32GB / MB:  Asustek computer, TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4) / SSD: Samsung 2GB 2x / HD: Seagate 4 GBPSU: ROG Strix 1000W

I’ve personally been using Gaffer sim’s version, which I got on sale. It’s not great but definitely better than NMG. Gaffer actually just released a rendition of Durban which looks quite nice, so whenever they have another sale...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

15 hours ago, ErichB said:

I hope this still sees the light of day. 

Johannesburg's FAOR has been one of the most elusive airports in FS history (The NMG cartoon version aside) .  Then we're getting it, then we're not.  Then Aerosoft is doing it, then they're not.  Then Southwold Scenery is releasing it, then they're not :).  Jokes aside, the Southworld version seems like a very promising rendition of the airport and next to LC Africa by Orbx is probably on top of my list of FS wants.

you should try operating there ,we get asked for bribes for our DCNS/PPR/SLOTS and all the African countries we fly over to get down there. Greta needs another lesson on African corruption 

One day ill take a screenshot of a regular aftn we get asking for $50k in "unpaid nav fees, happens all the time.

Im not surprised hes had problems doing it 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

you should try operating there ,we get asked for bribes for our DCNS/PPR/SLOTS and all the African countries we fly over to get down there. Greta needs another lesson on African corruption 

One day ill take a screenshot of a regular aftn we get asking for $50k in "unpaid nav fees, happens all the time.

Im not surprised hes had problems doing it 

For us mere mortals, could you expand on these acronyms, please?