Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

Asymmetric braking problems

In other AC I have no issues with my rudder pedals and symmetric braking, but for some reason the Phenom gets asymetrically squirrely on landing when applying the brakes. I wobble all over the runway until both brakes finally settle down and brake together.

Does anyone else seem to have this issue? I'm running P3D v4.2 with this thing and it seems to only happen in Carenado AC.

Yes I have the same issue especially in the Phenom 100.  I've adjusted the braking in FSUIPC5 and it's better but still very sensitive.  

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, el_kab0ng said:

In other AC I have no issues with my rudder pedals and symmetric braking, but for some reason the Phenom gets asymetrically squirrely on landing when applying the brakes. I wobble all over the runway until both brakes finally settle down and brake together.

Does anyone else seem to have this issue? I'm running P3D v4.2 with this thing and it seems to only happen in Carenado AC.

Have you tried, just for testing, to use e.g. a key for the brakes so you can make sure that's definitely not pilot induced asymmetric braking?

Asymmetric braking when applying the brakes 100% symmetrically isn't something I've ever experienced in FSX/P3D.

Braking and steering at the same time, especially at high speed, while maintaining a straight line isn't easy IRL either!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVrn-TMtRjA

Edited by J35OE

I actually fly a Phenom 100, and the brakes are actually squirrelly in real life.

They take quite a bit of getting used to. And when it is wet? They are can be -quite- challenging to work.

I would actually say that the sim does a good job of capturing this one downside of the jet (which otherwise is a fantastic plane . . .)

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, PhenomGuy said:

I actually fly a Phenom 100, and the brakes are actually squirrelly in real life.

They take quite a bit of getting used to. And when it is wet? They are can be -quite- challenging to work.

I would actually say that the sim does a good job of capturing this one downside of the jet (which otherwise is a fantastic plane . . .)

Great info.  I fly GA out of KMLB where Embraer has the assembly facility.  Where do you fly the Phenom?  You could be great help to us wanna be Phenom drivers.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Hi Folks,

Hah - had asymmetrical braking on a GA landing once - after maintenance - A&P didn't bleed them properly - one pedal went to the floor the other one caught - your immediate response is wanting to brake harder on the one that works - of course that sends you in an unintended direction in a very expeditious manner... Fortunately - I was able to get it sorted without breaking anything or actually leaving the runway... Had some choice words with my A&P after that...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7