Sign in to follow this  
luke12345

AS16 + REX SkyForce + ASCA

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I recently purchased REX SkyForce, and I must say the atmospheric effects look very good. However, I prefer the ASCA clouds for both looks and performance. Is there any way I can use ASCA clouds with REX SkyForce sun/moon textures and other effects?

Thanks!

Edited by luke12345

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, that thread doesn't really answer the question from luke12345 exactly: in that topic I presumed people would want to use SkyForce clouds (because that's what SkyForce is all about) with some other stuff from for instance ASCA. So if luke would follow that guide to the letter he'd end up with SkyForce clouds and ASCA for other effects. 😉But he wants it the other way around.

Still the guide might help! Look at the part that is called REX Sky Force 3D and Active Sky plus ASCA for dynamic skiesYou can follow every step there but:

- in step 3 you have to disable what you do NOT want from SkyForce and enable what you DO want from SkyForce. So for instance you have to ENABLE all 5 sky textures.

- in step 7 you have to tick all clouds and untick the sky colors. So you have to do things the other way around in both SF and ASCA when it comes to selecting options.

The rule is to disable in one addon what you want to enable in the other. 

6 hours ago, J van E said:

Well, that thread doesn't really answer the question from luke12345 exactly: in that topic I presumed people would want to use SkyForce clouds (because that's what SkyForce is all about) with some other stuff from for instance ASCA. So if luke would follow that guide to the letter he'd end up with SkyForce clouds and ASCA for other effects. 😉But he wants it the other way around.

Still the guide might help! Look at the part that is called REX Sky Force 3D and Active Sky plus ASCA for dynamic skiesYou can follow every step there but:

- in step 3 you have to disable what you do NOT want from SkyForce and enable what you DO want from SkyForce. So for instance you have to ENABLE all 5 sky textures.

- in step 7 you have to tick all clouds and untick the sky colors. So you have to do things the other way around in both SF and ASCA when it comes to selecting options.

The rule is to disable in one addon what you want to enable in the other. 

Thank you, I will try this out.