Sign in to follow this  
expat

This one is growing on me fast, however . .

Does anyone think its stance on the ground doesn't look quite right?  Most 400 series Cessna's I have seen IRL and in photos tend to sit a bit on their haunches with the nose up and tail down a bit. The Alabeo model on the other hand looks a bit too tall and upright to my eyes.  Can this perhaps be adjusted by tweaking the contact points?

Image result for cessna 421

The C421C on the picture is a non trailing-link gear, as produced from 1976 to 1979. They sit lower on the main gear compared to the trailing-link gear C421Cs. The Alabeo C421C is a trailing-link gear version and looks correct to me for an unloaded plane. If loaded, it will sit lower on the main landing gear. If CG is way aft during loading, those twin Cessnas tend to sit on their tail to show the pilot that something's wrong.

• Like 1

Pilot licenses: CPL, IRI, C510, MEP, CRI SEP
P3D V5 professional
CPU: i9-10900K, GPU: RTX 3090, MB: MSI Z490A PRO,
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2 TB) + M.2 (1 TB) , RAM: 32 GB (3600 MHz, CL_16-16-16-36),
water cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro + MO-RA3 420 LT, Display: Panasonic 58“ 4K

Thanks for this good explanation - I also see pictures that must also have trailing link gear as they by contrast sit more upright. Nice they got it right.🙂