Sign in to follow this  
peter225

Co-pilot not doing his job

I am using FSL 320, and my co-pilot does not seem to want to operate many of the overhead switches and also will not turn off the AP.

He always says he is going to do it, but I have to follow him round and operate the switches manually. I have reinstalled both the 320

and MCE but it has made no difference. Any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks Peter

2 hours ago, peter225 said:

I am using FSL 320, and my co-pilot does not seem to want to operate many of the overhead switches and also will not turn off the AP.

He always says he is going to do it, but I have to follow him round and operate the switches manually. I have reinstalled both the 320

and MCE but it has made no difference. Any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks Peter

Hi,

What MCE version are you running?

Using which sim? Prerpar3D V4, V3, FSX??

Hi Thank for your reply sorry for delay been away all day.

MCE version is  2.7.70  and I am running fsx with acceleration

10 hours ago, peter225 said:

Hi Thank for your reply sorry for delay been away all day.

MCE version is  2.7.70  and I am running fsx with acceleration

FsLabs A320 definitely fully supported under FSX, with Fo able to handle almost every moving 3D switch directly in VC.

I assume you installed MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder. You have to do that when Windows UAC is enabled.

Since you have the DVD edition of FSX, make sure you set "fsx.exe" to run as administrator.

Go to \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\ folder and check you have "mcfslA3X.dll" as well as about 40 other dlls (1 per supported complex aircraft)

When that dll is missing, the default dll for unsupported aircraft (mcgeneric.dll) is loaded instead, and nothing will work with FSL A320 as almost everything except gear and flaps is using custom variables.

Should the dll be missing, go back to downloaded unzipped file and look under \Files\FSX\ folder.

Copy the entire <MCE dlls> folder and paste it to FSX main installation folder, overwriting anything that may be in that folder..

Hi

Thanks for your advice, I can confirm that this Dll "mcfslA3X.Dll"  is in place, and underneth that is the same file with extention "ini"

Regards

Peter

24 minutes ago, peter225 said:

Hi

Thanks for your advice, I can confirm that this Dll "mcfslA3X.Dll"  is in place, and underneth that is the same file with extention "ini"

Regards

Peter

If you have disabled Windows UAC, suggest you re-enable it to default 2 notches up the slider and restart your computer for changes to take effect.

Confirm the following...

When starting FSX, you're getting the Windows prompt to run as admin.

When launching MCE, you're also getting the prompt to elevate.

Thank you I can confirm that putting the UAC to default has returned MCE to fully working. I turned the UAC off again

and it stopped working again but I did notice the following. In this state when the CP is checking for switches the FMC

flashes up three times and I have to manually start the FMC to turn the GPU on. I have turned the UAC to default but

would love to know why this has happened. Thank you once again for your help. Regards Peter

1 hour ago, peter225 said:

Thank you I can confirm that putting the UAC to default has returned MCE to fully working. I turned the UAC off again

and it stopped working again but I did notice the following. In this state when the CP is checking for switches the FMC

flashes up three times and I have to manually start the FMC to turn the GPU on. I have turned the UAC to default but

would love to know why this has happened. Thank you once again for your help. Regards Peter

The days when you could take full control of the machine (Windows XP) are now over with Windows 10.

There are some hacks found on the Internet advising on how to completely disable Windows UAC (registry hacks).

As if Microsoft wouldn't know about those ways.:smile:

My guess, when Windows 10 detects Windows UAC or permissions system has been compromised in some way, it makes Windows more defensive (restricts privileges), all while giving you the "illusion" you have full control.

In this case, it won't let "mce.exe" interact with "fsx.exe" smoothly, blocking some but not all operations.

We recommend users don't tamper with folders permissions either.

All you need to do is keep Windows UAC at default, install MCE to default path (only takes 2 GB max including all recorded voice packs) and just set "fsx.exe" to run as admin.

See this thread to understand why messing with the protection system leads to all sorts of weird things happening. It could prevent a file from being generated inside a folder and things like that.

One more little thing on this subject I am now getting a pop up box:

Failed to locate VoxKey commands profile!

custom commands will be ignored for this session

Just now, peter225 said:

One more little thing on this subject I am now getting a pop up box:

Failed to locate VoxKey commands profile!

custom commands will be ignored for this session

This is an easy one.

Probably messed-up the Voxkey profile by accident.

Go to \My Documents\ folder and delete <Voxkey> folder

Run the app wizard. Windows menu Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->run app wizard.

No need to go through speech training. You could even exit the wizard as soon as it starts. By then, it would have re-created a <Voxkey> folder with default settings.

Voxkey is just an editor.

Run it and add custom commands to the relevant simulator.

For FSX, open and edit the "FSX Demo.vkp" profile.

When done, close it.

At runtime, MCE will detect the running simulator (FSX, Prepar3D or FS9), then load the relevant profile, in this case "FSX Demo.vkp".

Whatever custom command is there will be made available for speech reco.

Speak any of those commands and whatever key combo is associated to it will be sent to the flight sim. 

Voxkey isn't suitable for items whose initial state must be known. It acts as a toggle, without checking anything.

You don't need to create custom commands for general interaction with co-pilot. There are tens of thousands of built-in commands for that purpose.

Currently 42 complex aircraft are fully supported.

Bear in mind, any custom command you create, must be different from all built-in ones by at least one character. Otherwise, the built-in command takes precedence.

Sorry to be a pain in the A***, Vox sorted but I have found that MCE is working perfectly with Aerosoft A320/321 so am I right to asume this is a FSLA32X problem

41 minutes ago, peter225 said:

Sorry to be a pain in the A***, Vox sorted but I have found that MCE is working perfectly with Aerosoft A320/321 so am I right to asume this is a FSLA32X problem

You have to be patient until Fo works out the current FCU HDG, ALTITUDE and VS before you can ask him to dial something with FSL A320.

You should se a text within the FS window telling you when FCU dialing is ready.

Apart from that, he should be able to click any other switch.

Which command are you having an issue with?

As I said all works with aerosoft A320/321 except the APU button.  On the FSL A32X will not press any buttons at all, everything else he will do.