Sign in to follow this  
peter225

Co-pilot not doing his job

9 hours ago, peter225 said:

As I said all works with aerosoft A320/321 except the APU button.  On the FSL A32X will not press any buttons at all, everything else he will do.

OK, will be looked at and if necessary, a new dll to go into \FSX\MCE dlls\ folder will follow.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:23 PM, peter225 said:

Thank you will keep checking the forum

I just performed a check in FSX with Airbus A320-214 CFM Air Lingus livery and command "launch apu" executed as expected. A second repeated "launch apu" yields "apu already running" as expected".

Perhaps it's an issue connected to a specific variant or livery. Could you please tell me which one so I can check again?

Test was successful with "mcAsoftA3X.dll" in \FSX\MCE dlls\ version V1.0.4.3, digitally signed 21 January 2018.

As for FsLabs A320, it seems I have issues with installation itself, as I'm not able to click any button manually, even without loading MCE or any dlls in FSX installation folder. Will probably have to contact FSL, as a re-install didn't make a difference. I'm using V237 for FSX.

If yours is running OK, be aware of one thing...

FSL A320 is interfaced using a different methods than the ones used for Aerosoft Bus.

It relies on simulated clicks in VC, and it does work in FSX.

Because the click-spots are different depending on whether aircraft is using hi-resolution VC or a lower one, when MCE starts, FO tries to automatically workout the current VC setting.

At some point, you should see an on-screen message in red font (within FSX) telling you to keep FSX window in focus.

It is required so that FO can simulate a click on the "Hot Air" button. Then draw conclusions depending on whether the button was hit or not.

When the click doesn't happen, he'll use alternative known clickspots.

Basically, when he gets it right, all flat switches clicks will work. When he gets it wrong, none will be pressed.

A different technique is used for the external lights, FCU and ECAM. Are commands such as "taxi light on", "beacon light on" "fd on" "altimeter to standard", "ecam display doors" working, or is it every single command failing?

Go to FSX menu Options->Settings->Display.

Select <Aircraft> tab

Is option "high-resolution 3D virtual cockpit" enabled?

HI, Just to let you know have not deserted this thread, pulling my hair out, using words you do not hear in church, but just may have got some success 'got to try everyrthing out first will keep you posted tomorrow or next day

Well after a lot of trial and error I have come to the conclusion that it is my Windows 7 service pack 1 which is the problem. I had it working great for 1 flight yesterday pm, but when I tried later it had gone again. I did notice that when it is OK when it starts up you just get the red notices on the top saying co-pilot checking switches and then good to go. But when it is not going to work ie: pressing buttons the same red alerts are there but the MCDU flashes up three times in the left hand  corner. As well as that when you run the wizard at the end all she says is “nice to meet you captain  Pe” instead of  “Nice to meet you captain Peter Tyas” obviously something missing from MCE. Anyway to cut a long story short
I put FS2004 on my lap top, graphics not good enough for FSX then loaded MCE and guess what  Same Results  and both systems are running Window 7 service pack 1. So in my mind that rules out any fault in MCE or FSX so if you have any ideas on how I could clean this up before I do a complete reinstall it would be appreciated.

18 hours ago, peter225 said:

Well after a lot of trial and error I have come to the conclusion that it is my Windows 7 service pack 1 which is the problem. I had it working great for 1 flight yesterday pm, but when I tried later it had gone again. I did notice that when it is OK when it starts up you just get the red notices on the top saying co-pilot checking switches and then good to go. But when it is not going to work ie: pressing buttons the same red alerts are there but the MCDU flashes up three times in the left hand  corner. As well as that when you run the wizard at the end all she says is “nice to meet you captain  Pe” instead of  “Nice to meet you captain Peter Tyas” obviously something missing from MCE. Anyway to cut a long story short
I put FS2004 on my lap top, graphics not good enough for FSX then loaded MCE and guess what  Same Results  and both systems are running Window 7 service pack 1. So in my mind that rules out any fault in MCE or FSX so if you have any ideas on how I could clean this up before I do a complete reinstall it would be appreciated.

Assuming the following...

- You installed MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\\ folder

- You set Windows 7 UAC to default 2 notches up the slider

- You set "fsx.exe", "fs9.exe" and any launcher app you might be using to start the sim to run as admin

- You are getting a Windows prompt to elevate these apps when you run them. "mce.exe, "fsx.exe", "fs9.exe"

I don't see a reason why you would need to wipe your system at this stage.

Try different supported aircraft.

If the issue is just with FSL A320, maybe the dll "mcfslA3X.dll" (the 32 bit one. I know the 64 bit one works OK) is screwed or something.

If nothing works with any aircraft, you may want to consider a complete re-install. This time, leave UAC at default as well as folders permissions untouched, and just set the flight sim apps executable to run as admin.

It's much safer, as you don't want malware to hit you as soon as you visit a rogue website, with UAC off.

Tried your suggestion this afternoon but no luck. Had a problem about a year ago when I re-ran the wizard after a few speech problem it would not let me past the changing the SPI to English usa saying in a box that I had not got it when I had the wizard putting it to English usa. The only way I solved that was a re-install after many attemps by Ben to put it right. I will let you know the results and it will save me money re-installing and not going to the pub this weekend

4 hours ago, peter225 said:

I will let you know the results and it will save me money re-installing and not going to the pub this weekend

Sounds like a good incentive 👍

I GIVE UP!!!!!!!   Did a complete reinstall of windows 7 and FSX this weekend and all now seems to be fine except "he can't hear me"

Mic set up right plenty of green bar on mic set up, showing the right input device even checked in the MCE TOOLS assign sound device

just have to fly it myself

6 hours ago, peter225 said:

I GIVE UP!!!!!!!   Did a complete reinstall of windows 7 and FSX this weekend and all now seems to be fine except "he can't hear me"

Mic set up right plenty of green bar on mic set up, showing the right input device even checked in the MCE TOOLS assign sound device

just have to fly it myself

Come on :tongue:

Giving up so close?

Nothing to re-install now.

Just need to make sure MCE has set the speech engine to listen on the correct audio device.

Go to <About> tab in MCE user interface and report what devices are listed under "Sound Out" and "Sound In".

Are you using a USB headset or a conventional one with 3 mm jacks?

Went to about in MCE all correct in there but telling me to go to tools assign audio which I have done but the ok box was blocked out so

as there is only one device in there I just press the box and reinstalled the audio in and presto the ok box lit up but after doing it thing there was 

an error and it closed down. That was my wireless set which I have been using fior over a year, so I tried my old wired set and these worked

so why I don't know but at least it is all good again. So thanks once again for all your help your a star. Regards Peter

44 minutes ago, peter225 said:

Went to about in MCE all correct in there but telling me to go to tools assign audio which I have done but the ok box was blocked out so

as there is only one device in there I just press the box and reinstalled the audio in and presto the ok box lit up but after doing it thing there was 

an error and it closed down. That was my wireless set which I have been using fior over a year, so I tried my old wired set and these worked

so why I don't know but at least it is all good again. So thanks once again for all your help your a star. Regards Peter

You're welcome.

It's possible you haven't yet installed the audio drivers for the main board built-in device. is it Realtek or other device?

As a result, MCE probably has trouble enumerating the various audio devices.

Disconnect all USB audio devices, both wired and wireless.

Go to Windows Control Panel and run <System> applet.

On the left pane, select "Device manager".

Check that the Multimedia audio device driver has been installed. I mean, no warning sign on the device. And what device is that?

Once the audio driver for the built-in chip is installed and with either wired headset, wireless one or both connected, the assign sound device tool should list at least 2 if not 3 devices.

Only then will the selection work and the app not crash.

Normally, assuming devices are kept connected, or at least re-connected before M<CE is fired, the lstter should remember which ones to use, but if you keep disconnecting some, you may occasionally need to run the assign sound device tool.

Eventually, could elect not to use the "Assign sound device" tool altogether and just set the wireless headset as the default device in Windows Control Panel, <Sound> applet.

Well I have tried all you suggested but no luck. I always use the "sound" applet to control my speakers and voice. Saying only one appeared was a little missinformation on my part I uninstalled my on board and second sound card to see if that would kick start it and obviously when I reconnected them they came up too. All the drivers are fully installed. Did a flight this morning EGNM to LFLB and all went well with the wired headset.