Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

OrbX acquires rights to all the old Earth Simulations sceneries

Great news for all the simulators, not time for disputes, lets all give hands and sing the kumbaya!!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Would also be great to see the RealAir Duke picked up by another developer. I really love that plane...

Maybe the Vancouver for FSX V3 as well. I enjoyed it in FSX but its a bit dated for P3D. I know the developer passed a few years back. This is a beautiful part of the world to explore!

• Like 2

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 1080ti STRIXI, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V4.3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD, All ORBX

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

I was excited to see this until I saw that it won’t include any of UK mainland photoreal, which is what I was interested in.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

39 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I was excited to see this until I saw that it won’t include any of UK mainland photoreal, which is what I was interested in.

That's because they have their own uk photoreal product on the way.

Earth Simulations did not release any mainland UK photoreal scenery (apart from Northwest Scotland; the first and only volume in the short lived AutoGenesis series). Anyway, as Tutmeister has already stated, ORBx are developing TrueEarth UK and Ireland photoscenery, so the future of flight simulation around the British Isles is in good hands! :cool:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

"Because this project has involved a substantial investment in new imagery, contractor, and other license fees there will be no free upgrades for previous owners of the ES versions of these islands from 2015 and earlier. These titles will be exclusively available from OrbxDirect."

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

No mention of Treescapes to go with UK photographic sceneries 🙁

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

There is no need for TreesScapes because they are making their own UK photoreal product which includes every tree placed, based on what I can read on their forums.

11 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

No mention of Treescapes to go with UK photographic sceneries 🙁

True Earth Uk coming from orbx soon. Video is xp11 preview but same for p3d. 

Edited by GHarrall

7 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Earth Simulations did not release any mainland UK photoreal scenery (apart from Northwest Scotland; the first and only volume in the short lived AutoGenesis series). Anyway, as Tutmeister has already stated, ORBx are developing TrueEarth UK and Ireland photoscenery, so the future of flight simulation around the British Isles is in good hands! :cool:

That’s right. I was thinking of Playsim (Horizon) VFR UK photoreal packs. I think they are also out of business with the products no longer available which is why I though it was Earth Simulations.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is fantastic news - the icing on the TrueEarth cake - and I'm so pleased for the original developers that they'll have the satisfaction of seeing new life breathed into their work. I'm sure the original ES sceneries are carefully preserved on many of our machines. I still fly them all.

I was initially disappointed that Scilly wasn't mentioned as an area to receive the redux treatment but I'm hoping that might appear within the TrueEarth coverage area. Has anyone seen any mention of that? I still remember loading up Scilly again and again just to stare at it even though my rig at that time hadn't a hope of flying a plane in that detailed work of art. The pilotable birds made that possible for me - just 🙂 

1 hour ago, Stub said:

I was initially disappointed that Scilly wasn't mentioned as an area to receive the redux treatment but I'm hoping that might appear within the TrueEarth coverage area. Has anyone seen any mention of that?

Yes, apparently the IoS are already modelled in TrueEarth. A recent post by John Venema says they intend to update all the airports to 2018 specs where possible. I presume her means for all the ES legacy products, since IoS only has one proper airport.)

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro