Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

GFP Saved FP not showing in GTN750 Import

Little NavMap ver. 2.0.3

GTN Trainer ver 6.21

GTN Complete ver 2.06

I am confused why my saved LNM flight plans exported to Garmin GTN GFP are not showing up in my GTN Catalog\Import menu. I do not know if this is a GTN issue or a LNM issue - looking for help.

The LNM manual (Page 90) says that if you are using the GTN Trainer ver 6.21 then the flight plans are stored in C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\FPL

The manual also says that the saved flight plans for the GTN GFP files for Prepar3D v4 are in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL

I have given a link to my printscreen of side by side comparisons. The one on the left is from the Export Dialogue Window from LNM the one on the right is from a manual opeing of the C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL directory - I am really confused why they are different when they seem to be from the same directory??? - https://photos.app.goo.gl/swwTrwhSh8MpAAgS6

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

I forgot to also say that C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL has full access under Windows Security.

Regards, Dane

Hi Dane,

"C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL" is for the Flight1 Garmin.

"C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\FPL" is for Reality XP Garmins. This is also the wiser choice since it does not need any fiddling with the folder permissions.
I've got reports that this path works also for the Flight1 Garmin. At the end RXP and F1 use the same trainer. Try it out.

Something is not right with the permissions if you still see different files in LNM and Explorer. Leave the folder with full access but also take ownership of it.

Alex

On 8/2/2018 at 8:15 AM, albar965 said:

Hi Dane,

"C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL" is for the Flight1 Garmin.

"C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\FPL" is for Reality XP Garmins. This is also the wiser choice since it does not need any fiddling with the folder permissions.
I've got reports that this path works also for the Flight1 Garmin. At the end RXP and F1 use the same trainer. Try it out.

Something is not right with the permissions if you still see different files in LNM and Explorer. Leave the folder with full access but also take ownership of it.

Alex

Thanks Alex, I added ownership to the folders but I also deleted the *.gfp files and just simply added the ones back in from existing *.pln files and all is back to normal.

Thanks again.

Regards, Dane

Thanks for the feedback and glad it is working now.

"C:\Program Files\..." is really the worst place to save user files.:mellow: Normally only installers have access to this folder.

Alex