Sign in to follow this  
Eugene

ACE (Aircraft Controls Engineering) 777 desktop yoke

Hi all,

I have purchased the 777 desktop yoke from ACE and paid through transferwise. They successfully received the money in 9 July, 2018 and said it'll take 10 days. Alright, so after 10 days (19 July, 2018), they said the yoke needs to be powder coat and tested, sure! I'm fine with that. Then later in 25 July, 2018, they said it'll be ship that week, but nothing happened. After that, I sent them tons of messages on messenger and got a replied two days ago, on Tuesday (31 July, 2018), they said they'll ship my one, but until now nothing happened I don't have the tracking number even I kept asking them through messenger and email, however, no replies from them. I tried to track it in the "reference" section in UPS website, but nothing seems to be there. I assume it's not shipped yet. Moreover, I tried to call them with two numbers, one number didn't work at all. Someone picked up the other number, but they said it's not ACE (Aircraft Controls Engineering), not sure how to keep in touch with them. I'm really worried because I paid through transferwise, as a student, it's very difficult to save up that amount of money. I have seen similar cases on this forum, hope they'll really ship it and stop making unreasonable delays. Anyone had similar experience before? How long did it take in total?

The products are not bad based on the aesthetics which causes deep impressions. Overall, their customer service could be improved.

Thanks 

Edited by Eugene

BE WARNED ABOUT THIS COMPANY

As a previous client of ACE I ordered a 737 desktop yoke in April this year with a 2 month delivery time frame promised. 2 months on upon asking about delivery the excuses started and continued for another 3 months (during which time ACE announced they were selling the desktop business). 

As my questioning of what was going on via their FB page became more `direct' they began removing my posts (and anyone else who asked similarly where their order was at). 5 other buyers contacted me directly via Messenger and we established we were all being told the same story in terms of our order being priority one for ACE.

I still have the Messenger chat from ACE telling me they withdrew my posts because <quote>  'We don't want negative posts posted which can potentially harm sale of the desktop business.' 

Unbelievable!!!!!

Another month on after being promised a 2 week definite delivery (or a free yoke!!) which then was also not honoured I raised a PayPal claim. ACE did not even bother responding to PayPal's requests to resolve the matter and therefore I got my full payment back quickly. Thanks ACE for that at least!!

I believe ACE produced good quality parts at a competitive price point in the past. But their behaviours not only towards me but many other clients in the past year makes me think they are  on the brink of collapsing or are actively deceiving purchasers. Either way is not good. It would be interesting have a poll as to those clients actually waiting on overdue delivery of parts or refunds. I suspect the number is not small. 

So personally I must definitely steer any potential client away from them now. If you are still determined to buy something from ACE then use PayPal. I am relieved I did as I am convinced my money would have disappeared forever if I had not been able to claim it back via PayPal. But remember you only have a set window of time to make a claim after purchase.

This has been my experience and I am happy to produce all communications to validate it's accuracy.

Although no help to the OP you should never pay a company via a bank transfer unless you are 100% sure they are bona-fide. If they insist on that payment method then be very suspicious.

Pay by credit card or Paypal as you can lodge a claim for refund if the goods are not received. Bank transfers are the same as cash and you have no chance of a refund.

This company should be flagged as a possible scam on AvSim.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Dear all,

After months of frustration, the bank has finally completed my dispute case, meaning all my money are returned safely. It indeed took me a while to get this settled. I do strongly suggest everyone to open up a dispute case if you had a transaction via credit card, particularly the ones who recently ordered, as this company is a complete SCAM. Once again, the company is Aircraft Controls Engineering (ACE). 

Have a good day

Eugene Cheung

• Like 1

Well done Eugene. You always have protection when paying by credit card. Glad you got your money back. Just in time for Black Friday. 😄

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather