Sign in to follow this  
SoloPilot

737 Extreme Sound: Is it worth it?

The TFDi 737 Extreme Sound seems really good, and certainly better than the default FSX 737 sound. However, is it worth getting if I have the PMDG 737? Is the sound pack more realistic than the PMDG sound pack? Or would I be better off getting something from TSS? 

1 hour ago, SoloPilot said:

The TFDi 737 Extreme Sound seems really good, and certainly better than the default FSX 737 sound. However, is it worth getting if I have the PMDG 737? Is the sound pack more realistic than the PMDG sound pack? Or would I be better off getting something from TSS? 

This subject has been covered many, many times and is really only something only you can decide on your own. The PMDG soundpack was professional recorded from an actual airplane, so you can’t get much more realistic, but some people like the addon sound packs because they feel that enhancing the sounds make it feel more immersive, even if it’s not actually how something sounds in real life. 

I personally don’t use any addon sound packs as I feel that PMDG did an already professional job with what they captured in cockpit. I don’t mind spending money but I don’t like wasting it which is why I don’t by addon sound packs.

But that’s just me, you can do whatever you feel is necessary to enjoy your sim more.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 8/2/2018 at 2:28 AM, cmpbellsjc said:

This subject has been covered many, many times and is really only something only you can decide on your own. The PMDG soundpack was professional recorded from an actual airplane, so you can’t get much more realistic, but some people like the addon sound packs because they feel that enhancing the sounds make it feel more immersive, even if it’s not actually how something sounds in real life. 

I personally don’t use any addon sound packs as I feel that PMDG did an already professional job with what they captured in cockpit. I don’t mind spending money but I don’t like wasting it which is why I don’t by addon sound packs.

But that’s just me, you can do whatever you feel is necessary to enjoy your sim more.

Okay, thanks. I wish there was a way to try out the soundpacks without buying them, but I'll just resort to YouTube videos. Again, thank you!