Sign in to follow this  
jabjoker

Little NavMap does not recognize P3Dv4.3 Simulator

I purchased a new computer and did a total re-install of P3Dv4.3 as well as all the add-ons

I used Little Navmap successfully on the previous computer

Did a re-install of Little Navmap 2.0.3 updated the Database but cannot connect to the flight simulator using Tools

The Drop-down Menu for Little Navmap - Connect only has "Connect directly to a local X-Plane simulator" nothing else

I have no idea what I am doing wrong

Any suggestions

Regards

Hans Brokke

Hans - When you look under the LittleNavMap "Scenery Library" menu, is "Prepar3D V4" listed at the top?

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Hi Hans,

you have to install the FSX SP2 SimConnect. See here in the manual.

LNM shows only the X-Plane connect option if it cannot find the legacy SimConnect. Then P3D is not shown in the menu as Doug already mentioned.

I'll try to fix this dependency in the next version. I already have an idea how to do this.

Alex

Thanks gentlemen!

Will try to do what is suggested, hopefully it will resolve the issue

Regards

Hans Brokke

Gentlemen

I downloaded fsx_sp2_ENU.msi tried an install but failed since it is looking for a valid FSX Flight Simulator.

Not serious still using LittleNavMap to create flight plans just cannot use it to track my flights

Will wait for the FIX that Alex is working on

Regards

Hans

Excellent! will download and install later today.

Will give you all feedback on whether it was successful or not

Regards

Hans

Thank you, thank you! Alex

Now working like a dream - keep up the good work

Much appreciated

Regards

Hans

Did not work for me On the fspassenger site it states when downloaded there should be 3 msi folders There was just the one which apparently is uncompatable

Alex, that was 2 years a go, But I download the versie 2.4.5 and I have the same problem. Little navmap see only X-plane and not P3d v4.5.

Ton

Edited by Ton van der Kolk

X-Plane is always shown since it cannot be detected reliably by an registry entry.

Install the FSX SP2 SimConnect https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/SimConnect/SimConnect-FSX_SP2.zip. No version of LNM will connect if you don't install this.
Then install the MSVC redistributables. Just to be sure. This does not harm. https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html

Alex

Hi Alex,

LNM is connecting to my P3D V5 but I am unable to load the scenery file.

If I ignore the Xplane titls and put in the paths to P3D and the scenery.cfg I get the following message if I try to then load the scenery in LNM.

Caught Exception: Cannot open file. Reason. No name specified.

Roy