Sign in to follow this  
jabjoker

Little NavMap does not recognize P3Dv4.3 Simulator

23 minutes ago, rymrks said:

LNM is connecting to my P3D V5 but I am unable to load the scenery file.

Check if the paths are correct and/or click "Reset Paths".

Or "Tools" -> "Reset all settings and restart"

Otherwise I need the log file per email. Contact on my webpage and log is linked in about dialog.

Alex

20 minutes ago, rymrks said:

None of that worked and I cant find where the log file is stored.

https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.4/en/FILES.html#files

For Windows it is "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\abarthel-little_navmap.log". Also linked in the "About Little Navmap" dialog as mentioned above.

Alex

On 5/3/2020 at 12:10 PM, rymrks said:

None of that worked and I cant find where the log file is stored.

Thanks for the logfile but all I can see is that LNM cannot find the FSX SP2 SimConnect on your computer:

[2020-05-04 14:21:29.684 default INFO ]: SimConnect available: false

No idea how to fix this. Repair SimConnect installation by reinstalling?

Alex

Reinstalled simconnect and still I cant load P3DV5 scenery library into LNM, yet LNM is connected to my sim but the only option showing in LNM is still xplane.

Roy

3 hours ago, rymrks said:

Reinstalled simconnect and still I cant load P3DV5 scenery library into LNM, yet LNM is connected to my sim but the only option showing in LNM is still xplane.

Where is it only showing X-Plane? Connect dialog or load scenery dialog?
Did I get this right: You can connect to P3D and see your aircraft in LNM?

Alex

Load scenery dialog is where it is showing only X-Plane 11

Yes I can connect to P3D V5 and see my aircraft in LNM, that side of LNM is all working.

I'm bit at a loss here. ☹️If the program can connect it should also display the P3D option.
Just to rule out the obvious: Did you click the drop-down button in the load scenery library dialog? The one which shows "X-Plane".

You can also try to do a "Tools" -> "Reset all settings and restart".

Alex

Yes tried all that and still only shows X-plane 11 as the only option.

I have been using the program connected to P3DV5 for the past 2 hours, so that works fine.

Hmmm. No problems with P3D v5 here on my test computer.

Just to be sure: LNM and P3D installed on the same computer? This is not a remote/networked setup?

LNM is looking into the registry for "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\AppPath" to detect P3D v5. That should be present if P3D is installed on this computer.

Try to rename/delete the settings folder "ABarthel" in "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming". Maybe some old databases confuse the program (normally they should not).

Alex

I guess I should have said that I am operating a remote network setup.

LNM worked fine with my P3DV4.5 in a network setup, I must have broken something.

36 minutes ago, rymrks said:

I guess I should have said that I am operating a remote network setup.

And I should have asked.🙂

You don't need a simulator installation at all on a networked computer. Neither do you need to share the scenery library across the network.
Simply install LNM on the flying computer, create the scenery library database and copy one file over to the remote. The copied database file is ready-to-go. No need to load anything on the remote. See here for more links into the relevant chapters in the manual.

Alex

Edit: The file you have to copy is "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db\little_navmap_p3dv5.sqlite".

Edited by albar965
Added filename.

Cheers Alex, I will do all as you suggest and report back here when I have it all working as it should.

Roy

I am pleased to report back that all is now working with P3DV5 as it should.

I should say had I bothered to study the manual in a bit more depth then I could have found out where I was going wrong, however in my defence having x-plane as the only option did throw me off a bit.

Excellent support from you Alex for which I am grateful.

Regards

Roy

3 hours ago, rymrks said:

I am pleased to report back that all is now working with P3DV5 as it should.

Great it is working now!

Quite a few people jump through hoops like sharing their simulator scenery on the network (loading will take forever) or even install a second simulator on the remote which is all not needed.
You can even run LNM on an old Linux notebook without any simulator data at all and connect this to a flying computer with Windows and P3D.🙂

Alex