Sign in to follow this  
Rottenlungs

What add-on airliner to get for MSFS04?

Guest timmus

OK, I'm back in flight simulators again after a 3-year absence, and I find I'm seriously behind on what's going on.1. What's a good airliner add-on for FS2004? What's important to me is how REALISTIC the flying is (feel and systems)... I couldn't care less about paint schemes and exterior detail. I'd imagine that narrows down the playing field quite a bit. I prefer the 1970s-era planes like classic 747, DC-8, DC-10, etc. I don't think I've seen any decent DC-10s, come to think of it.2. Do FS2002 airliners work correctly in FS2004?Both shareware and payware are fine. Quality of everything except the paint is what matters to me.Back in 2002/03 I really liked the PSS 747, I recall. The complexity of all the aircraft systems was incredibly captivating.Tim

Guest jgreth123

If you want an OLDER plane, the best I've seen is the Ready for Pushback 747-200. Just about everything is modelled ( even uses true EPR ) and works perfectly with the CIVA INS.The VC is okay but not the greatest.Then there is the Dreamfleet 727. It's alright. The VC falls short of my expectations ( but I'm spoiled ).Systems-wise both of these planes are spot-on.Now if you can take something a bit newer, I recommend the Level-D 767. It's the best one out there ( to me anyhow ). Every system is modelled ( including all the failures ) and the VC is superb.Next in line for modern airliners ( again, IMHO ) is the PMDG 747-400. It's awesome too but it's really a resource hog. This plane is almost on par with the Level-D 767 but because it's so hard on the system I stay away from it.Next is the PMDG 737NG. It was created quite a bit ago but still highly accurate.For airliners that's about it right now if you want perfectly modelled systems.

1. I would recommend the Super 80 from Flight1 and the Dreamfleet 727 for your historic hangar. There are so many good modern airliners out there that it is almost impossible to list them all, but my favorites would be the PMDG 737, PMDG 747, LevelD 767, PSS A320 (although a tad old).2. Not unless patched for FS9Good luck and welcome back!Pat

If you liked PSS 747, then there is only one and only airliner to get for FS9:PMDG 747-400 "Queen of the Skies"- (and possibly a Carge version, which brings a freither model to it, also by performance and also some new "goodies", like new sounds and some other systemwise things).Ah yes, and PMDG 747 brings the most complete systems simulation on the flight simulator market today. Only next best thing to the PMDG 747 is a full motion 747 simulator (system-wise).

Guest thedoggg

Ok, here's my favorite complex airliner simulations. Each of these is the best in it's class/type.767 - Level D simulations747-400 - PMDG747 Classic - Ready for pushback737NG - PMDG737 Classic (300/400/500) - Feelthere PIC777 - PSSBac one eleven - David MatsbyL1011 - Aerosim727 - Dreamfleet707 - Captain SimRegional jet - Feelthere ERJ 145/LegacyLarge turboprop - Flight 1 ATRSmall turboprop - Aeroworks King Air B200MD 80 - Flight 1, Lago Mad Dog757 - PSS coming soon, LDS coming I don't know when. Captain Sim - AvoidA320 - still PSSA330 - still PSSA340 - still PSSIf I forgot one somebody plug it in.Regards, Carlos

If you don't need VC, the recent freeware Tinmouse II 732 is very nice.scott s..

Tim,Why not check out the DC-9 package by Stellan Hilmerby, an old niner pilot, and Matts Falk. It's freeware but very good IMO. You can find all about it here: www.hilmerby.comCheers,

David Maltby`s aircraft are superb, both the BAC 1-11 and the Trident. Freeware too. I also thing the 737 PIC from Wilco/feelthere is excellent - not quite as complete systems wise as some but a great handflyer. Its a 737 classic though, so might be a bit new for your tastes!CheersJames

Guest jacob001

If you liked the PSS 747, get the PMDG 747! Simple as that! (www.precisionmanuals.com)Otherwise, you should look at the Level-D Simulations Boeing 767-300ER, which by far surpasses anything on the market. (www.leveldsim.com)In the way of older complex airliners, go for the SSTSIM (www.sstsim.com) Concorde. Again, one of the best products I've ever used.Or you could just wait for FSX!

My vote is for the RFP 747-200 and then Level D's 767-300ER. The Level-D is unsurpassed in terms of more current systems, but learning the RFP-200 is unsurpassed in terms of general aircraft systems and the like. The RFP 747-200 was clearly the most important single FS2004 add-on I have. It taught me to appreciate what goes on in the background, those systems that are currently mostly run by computers (fuel systems, pneumatics, INS...).RH

Airliners... 1. LDS 763... still number One.2. PMDGs... but beware that with The Queen you betta have a nice rig to run it smooth. Just like someone said above, I also keep away from here... too slow on my rig.3. RFP 742... Huge4. DF 727... Really niceTurboprops1. F1 ATR... Da BOMB.2. Aeroworx Beech King Air...3. Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne... still some bugs but WOW!!Props... 1. All Real Airs... Their VC gauges are simply AMAZING... Nobody does it smoother. Nobody...2. DF Baron 58...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

PMDG 747 is itSlam Dunk!:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

If you want quality of systems then look no further than products from PMDG, FLIGHT 1/DreamFleet and LDS (no particular order). All provide amazing system details for the aircraft they replicate. PMDG are working on the MD-11 too, one amazing looking aircraft so far. You can look at preview virtual cockpit shots herehttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=115531&page=and herehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/MD11.htmPlease note that the 2D cockpit shots on PMDG's page are outdated but it does provide a wealth of information on the systems etc. Of course their are many more in other classes that excel in GA planes from others................Randy J. Smith................CAUTION! My views represent no one but my own. While I do help companies test products - this in no way means I represent them in ANY fashion.[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Hi,Well here is my vote.1. 767 Level D2. 747 Ready for pushback3. 747 PMDG4. 737NG PMDG5. 737 Feelthere PIC6. 727 Dreamfleet

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Tim,all the suggestions I saw in this thread are very good ones. There is a new upload at Flightsim from about 2 days ago I highly recommend. The Air Scheffel 737-800 by Arjan Scheffel. This plane has an automatic checklist with pilot and coplilot voices checking them off. It has many great features not found on any other plane. Read the review by Chip Barber on the home page of Flightsim www.flightsim.com.It is my new "go to" plane. By the way, did I mention it is freeware!God bless,Earl