Sign in to follow this  
Tos123

Perfomance Clouds for FSX SE

Hello everyone,

I'm using FSX SE and I looked everywhere, every forum, every website for a better perfomance cloud. I don't use REX. I downloaded some some DXT3 clouds from flightsim.com but I still got really bad perfomance with clouds.

On ground, clear weather - 42 FPS

On ground, BKN clouds - 12 FPS

The density is set to Medium (otherwise if i set low i don't have clouds at all) and my perfomance is really bad!

Please if someone know a solution for better perfomance clouds i'm needing it! I don't care about beauty. I just want to see cloudy weather (when it's cloudy of course) with some perfomance!

Is it possible with my machine?

intel i3 3.3 ghz

amd 7600A 2gb

intel hd graphics 1gb

Thanks anyway!

I just use the "Simple" cloud setting n FSX and it works just fine.  Welcome to the AVSIM forum.😉

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks for answering Charlie

Problem is with "simple" cloud the weather doesn't get cloudy at all. hahaha

If its OVC007 it will display almost clear weather 

I was thinking about some clouds texture, the lightest possible. 

I took a shot of KSFO and as of right now the fog has finalyl cleared off and there are some wispy clouds overhead.  Keep in mind that the built-in weather for FSX that updates every 15 minutes has not been  really updating the servers for quite a while now.  The weather that is in there now was from several many months ago.

I did a flight earlier today from Montreal to Buffalo, New York and there were plenty of clouds and rain even though I doubt that's how the weather is back there today.

clouds.JPG

cloud settings.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Charlie,

After many tests i realized the problem was the Anti Aliasing!! I turned it off and now with OVC and cloud covegare density set to MAX I'm having around 20 FPS. 

The quality is a bit bad with not that clean texture but what I won in perfomance I think worth it. Do you know somehow to configure the AA?

I will stay with AA turned off for now.

About the real weather, I'm using the IVAO weather while I don't have money to buy Active Sky..

Anyway, thank you for the replies!

I don't use AA.

Charlie Aron

On 8/2/2018 at 3:50 PM, Tos123 said:

Is it possible with my machine?

intel i3 3.3 ghz

amd 7600A 2gb

intel hd graphics 1gb

Thanks anyway!

These are indeed pretty low end specs. Vanilla FSX would be ok but introduce any addons and this system will get taxed quickly.