Sign in to follow this  
ncngrr

Unlighted Motherboard please!

I'm looking to build a 3rd, rack-mounted, networked PC with a solid, unlit, motherboard.  It'll be the P3Dv4 server PC.  The other two PCs are i7-4770K and i7-4790K.  I am thinking OC-ready i7 or i9 CPU, so the motherboard needs to support overclocking as well.  Any suggestions?  I expect to spend in the neighborhood of $2,000 - $3,000.

Thanks much.

Unlighted? it's hard to find mobos nowadays without RGB lights, fireworks, specials christmas trees effects... it's all "gaming" today... talking of that i have asus rog strix z370-e gaming, pretty solid mobo that i recommend, but as lights 🙂

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

You can turn off all the RGB stuff off in bios ...at least with my mobo you can. Heck even my monitor has an off switch. My wife????

• Like 2

Go for the motherboard with the best VRM you can afford, in my case top covers removed 280 rad mounted top as far away from the motherboard, above the VRM open grill the downward pull of air over the VRM but can watercool if needed, if going over 5ghz but I'm not. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg