Sign in to follow this  
thefrog

Aivlasoft EFB or Littlenavmap?

I've been using Littlenavmap for all my navigation fora while now but I thought I would download the 30 day trial of Aivlasoft EFB v2 just to try it. It's beautifully designed but I'm struggling to find out what it can do that Littlenavmap can't. I never do complicated flight plans but I do SIDS and STARS sometimes. I wondered if anyone had experience of both?

Thanks

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Aivlasoft EFB is a electronic flight bag and Litlenavmap is a flight planner, regarding the names indeed they have some similar functions, both have moving map, support airacs, sid's and star's, etc...  i never used the version AS EFB v2 because im on XP now and unfortunately they dont support it but from version one the first thing i recall is the vertical profiles in the EFB that where pretty useful...but if you are happy with littlenavmap what's your doubt? its free and a awesome tool 😉

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Aivlasoft has another nice feature: it can inject your FPLN directly into the sim and on the fly! Meaning:

- if you fly with default ATC, it will guide you perfectly along your route

- all SIM loaded FPLN automaticaly syncs to Active Sky (so you don't have to create a FPLN and load it sepparately in AS or SIM)

- if wind changes for your arrival and you change your STAR within Aivlasoft, you can inject it again into the sim without quitting (on the fly...)

I know there are a lot of users not using default ATC but PW ATC instead (or do fly online with real ATC), but I also know a LOT of users who do it especially when testing something with vanilla SIM's.

Can Litlenavmap do the same?

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

aivlasoft has a trial, so you can try that for a month, and littlenavmap forever.

29 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Aivlasoft has another nice feature: it can inject your FPLN directly into the sim and on the fly! Meaning:

- if you fly with default ATC, it will guide you perfectly along your route

- all SIM loaded FPLN automaticaly syncs to Active Sky (so you don't have to create a FPLN and load it sepparately in AS or SIM)

- if wind changes for your arrival and you change your STAR within Aivlasoft, you can inject it again into the sim without quitting (on the fly...)

I know there are a lot of users not using default ATC but PW ATC instead (or do fly online with real ATC), but I also know a LOT of users who do it especially when testing something with vanilla SIM's.

Can Litlenavmap do the same?

amd indeed, that is handy. I use it when flying a2a with default gps.

the vatsim / ivai integration is also useful to hen switching ew.

I usually plan with navmap or pfpx, ans fly with aivla

Victor Roos

Thanks for your replies - very helpful

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE