Sign in to follow this  
Guest NTL1991

FS2002.exe Corrupted and Won't Load

Guest NTL1991

Hello. I have FS9 and FS2002. I put FS2002 on my older system, installing via the 3 CD's, and no errors come up during the installation. When I click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator Icon on my desktop, I get a message about it not being a valid win32 application. I tried copying it manually off the 1st CD, but it does the same thing. I've tried 3 different CD-ROM/DVD Drives to copy it over, but I have had no luck with it. Can anyone help me?Thank You,Nick Lester

Nick - Welcome to the forums. That error is most always caused by a bad installation. This MS explaination may help: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;315589 .DougPS: Be sure to copy the entire URL above

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest NTL1991

Well, I've tried the installation a good 2 times each on 3 computers and I believe that it's a scratch in the disk. Is there anyway someone can send me the executable?Thanks,Nick

Guest wayupthere

Nobody will send you that exe, with all the piracy going on. Don't take it personal. Just do what Jim said get intouch with MS and the'y will either help you fix it or send you a new disk.. hope you get it fixed

Guest NTL1991

Am I eligable for another replacement copy? I already have the "OEM Looking" No-Photos Only-Text CD's that MS sent me a while back... And where do I get my product key? I think I remember seeing it during setup... Thanks for the help,Nick

Guest wayupthere

Nick just get in touch with MS.. they can tell you if you are eligable for another time or not. Product key is what you get at the start of the install.take better care of your disks man, having to get a replacement after an earlier replacement isnt a good thing.

Guest NTL1991

I know, I should... I go through alot of scratched burnt disks... Now, for FS9, I keep my disks in the 4-CD folder, and in the metal case it comes in, I think the only disk that has slight wear is the 4th for obvious reasons. But, I guess the FS2002 CD's wern't "that important" because I uninstalled it after I got FS9 (or until my PC could handle it :)) and haven't used it until I put it on my laptop and my Celeron 633 (Uhh) I used the product key that is shown during the setup sequence, and I sent a service email to MS, they should be emailing me back tomorrow... It's not *that* big of a loss, especially since when I get back to Rhode Island, I will be building my Athlon 64 3800+ system, and I shoudn't have to see FS2002 again.Nick