Sign in to follow this  
hontzt

HUD doesn't work after update

Good afternoon,

I fired up the 737NGX for a quick flight and lowered the HUD and there is nothing displayed.  I checked brightness and nothing changes.  Using latest version with P3Dv4.3, Windows 10 up to date.  

VR

Todd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

4 hours ago, hontzt said:

Using latest version with P3Dv4.3, Windows 10 up to date.

Something messed up your DLL.XML. This article was written for FSX, but the concept and file name are the same:

https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a92/dll_xml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

Kyle Rodgers

I'll check on that, thank you Kyle!

VR

Todd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

9 minutes ago, hontzt said:

I'll check on that, thank you Kyle!

Welcome - hit us up in support if you run into issues!

Kyle Rodgers

Unfortunately adding the HUD entry to my DLL.xml did not fix my issue.  I'm heading out on the road the next 10 days. When I return I'll send my DLL to support and see what they can do.  I'm trying to avoid an uninstall, reinstall scenario.  Have a great week! Again, thank you for the help.

Cheers!

Todd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

I am having this problem as well and have not been able to correct it.  The HUD is blank - nothing there.  It would be nice to get this fixed. 

Thanks guys.  I got it working by editing the dll.xml.  But I wonder what "broke it"?  Certainly we shouldn't have to be making edits like this.  If it was the latest PMDG update, I surely hope they'll fix it.  What else could it have been?  Thanks again!!!!

I'm having a similar issue to this that I need help with. I tried all the above solutions with no luck, the only way I was able to get it working again was to uninstall & reinstall using the default 737NG installer. 

This works until I updated using the Op center then it dies again.

Other then that I have a installed all the latest Windows 10 updates I just did want to update P3D as my copy was running very well & I didn't see anything big I was missing by using 4.1

Does the update require P3D 4.2 or 4.3 as I'm only using 4.1 ? 

Thanks in Advance 

Steven Cossey

Steven C

1 hour ago, Mach3 said:

I'm having a similar issue to this that I need help with. I tried all the above solutions with no luck, the only way I was able to get it working again was to uninstall & reinstall using the default 737NG installer. 

This works until I updated using the Op center then it dies again.

Other then that I have a installed all the latest Windows 10 updates I just did want to update P3D as my copy was running very well & I didn't see anything big I was missing by using 4.1

Does the update require P3D 4.2 or 4.3 as I'm only using 4.1 ? 

Thanks in Advance 

Steven Cossey

The recommendation is to use the latest P3D version. Currently P3Dv4.3.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for reply Chris, but I still wondering is there any technical reason the update wouldn't work with 4.1 ? 

I guess I could upgrade to 4.3 but I just hope it doesn't hose my P3D install as I don't want to have to do a full re-install of P3D & all my add-on's 

Steven C

2 hours ago, Mach3 said:

Thanks for reply Chris, but I still wondering is there any technical reason the update wouldn't work with 4.1 ? 

I guess I could upgrade to 4.3 but I just hope it doesn't hose my P3D install as I don't want to have to do a full re-install of P3D & all my add-on's 

Steven, we are still investigating this. As far as I am aware it should work in all P3Dv4 variants as there was no known code changes that affect this. For now the 100% work around is to use the installer from the shop and do not update from the OC as you have done it.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

13 hours ago, Chuck Dreier said:

Thanks guys.  I got it working by editing the dll.xml.  But I wonder what "broke it"?  Certainly we shouldn't have to be making edits like this.  If it was the latest PMDG update, I surely hope they'll fix it.  What else could it have been?  Thanks again!!!!

The update didn't touch the dll.xml.

...and I agree that people shouldn't have to be making manual edits to config files, but we didn't cause the issue. Someone messed with your dll.xml, and it wasn't us, so the idea that we need to 'fix' something is misplaced and misguided.

What have you installed recently?

Kyle Rodgers

I was away on vacation for a few weeks so when I got back a few things bugged me to update right away.

PMDG 737NG, Chaseplane, Orbx library, ActiveSky & FSDT all did a update between the time it work then stopped working. But now all work fine with the downloaded P3D installer back in place. 

The strange thing is a check my original backed up dll.xml with both before & after installing the 737NG. Neither of them mention the PMDG hud interface dll yet it works no problem with the DL P3D 737NG. 

Below is my current working Dll.xml 

?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>