Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Quality S. American airports?

Hi all,

Just returned from South American tour. Had a great time and also made note of several airports that we flew into and out of. These included Lima, Quito, Cuzco and one on Balta in the Galapagos that I can't remember. Anyway, anyone have suggestions for quality airports in this neck of the woods?

Thanks,

Mark

I rely on LatinVFR and TropicalSim for good SouthAm airports.  However, only a few are ready for P3Dv4.  They are slowly but surely updating them.  LatinVFR will also do a full rework of SCEL.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Still waiting on dreamflight to release Quito... it’s been a long wait 

Orman

You might want to check out the new Panama City that just came out. Probably the best quality in the region currently. Virtualcol made a great bogota, but don’t think it’s compatible in v4.  I spent a lot of time in ecuador and really wish we could get some quality airports there. Beautiful place to fly with the Avenue of volcanoes. Quito, Guayaquil, Cuenca, and Galapagos would all be terrific to have 

Orman

28 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Not in South America, but on your way there...absolutely top notch!

https://secure.simmarket.com/fsimstudios-tocumen-international-airport-mpto-panama-city-fsx-p3d.phtml

Lee

I remember seeing dev shots of this about 6 months ago -- but I had no idea it had been released!  Thanks for pointing it out.

It makes me wonder what else I miss...I wish I had a way to sink my tendrils into every source of FS information, but I don't...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, newtie said:

Hi all,

Just returned from South American tour. Had a great time and also made note of several airports that we flew into and out of. These included Lima, Quito, Cuzco and one on Balta in the Galapagos that I can't remember. Anyway, anyone have suggestions for quality airports in this neck of the woods?

Thanks,

Mark

Maybe REX worldwide airports can be an option?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm using the ORBX South America Region (openLC) for South America, with their freely provided elevation data update.   It's a nice addition, but so far they haven't released any detailed airports.  I took a new 737 after the SA release came out and landed at the following airports, in this order (the first few are North American Airports- but hey, I had to get down there):

KBFI KMDW KMIA MYNN MKJS MDST TNCM TLPL TGPY SOCA SBMQ SBSN SBEK SBPV SBRB SPZO SAZY SAZS SAVT SAVC SAWG SAWE SAWH  

Paste it in skyvector, but yep that is the top end of SA to the bottom of SA.   After landing at some mud fields in Antarctica (SAWH SCRM SAWB) I flew it all the way back to the US...one small hop at a time (I like short flights).

Some are represented as not much more than long dirt fields in the jungle.  But hey, frame rates were great.   Looking forward to a few well done regions in this area to make my ORBX SA purchase pay off and to provide some nice destinations to fly into/out of.

South America has a lot of variation to it from a sight-seeing perspective.

Mark

https://fselite.net/p3dv4-compatible-airport-map/

Check this map out.  It has all the airports compatible with P3Dv4.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

If you come to Brazil follow the link of an excellent freeware developer.
good flights!

https://rzanollicenarios.blogspot.com/

• Upvote 1

Paul Ricardo Joinsville and Salvador are both P3dV4 ready and are very good. Salvador is the Larger of the two airports and would be my choice if I had to only pick one. GRP Design's Diego Aracenda Is also pretty good if you want something on the 'pacific side'. Personally if you don't have it already I'd opt for a good mesh and Orbx SA LandClass to set the stage first and by some airports afterward.  That's sort of the route I took and I have about half a dozen or so airports now and always looking for new ones.

RE Thomason Jr.

Paul Ricardo's Salvador & FORTALEZA are really well done!

I'll add Mega RIO & SAO PAOLO. They are all quality.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Sorry, meant to post this a little sooner for the OP.

I fly almost exclusively in the South America, Central America, Caribbean, & Florida regions. The South American airports listed below are the ones I have working just fine with P3D 4.2 & 4.3. All are on top of the full UTX, GEX, & FSGlobal Ultimate combo.

Note: I use the 3 TropicalSim Rio & Sao Paulo airports on top of the Paulo Ricardo cityscapes for those two areas as they add a bit more detailing to the actual airport areas.

Aerosoft - Bonaire  (Requires AFM flatten)

Aerosoft - Cuzco  (Fake FSX.exe install & ADE removal of default airport bleed thru ramp texture)

Aerosoft - Quito

LatinWings -Santa Barbara De Barinas

LatinVFR - Caracas

LatinVFR - La Paz

LatinVFR - Lima

LatinVFR - Montevedeio   (Requires AFM flatten)

LatinVFR - Santiago

LatinVFR - Crown Point  (Disable XS_TTCP.bgl in Scenery\World)

Paulo Ricardo - Fortaleza

Paulo Ricardo - Joinville

Paulo Ricardo - Rio De Janeiro (De-Activate Default Rio

Paulo Ricardo - Salvador

Paulo Ricardo - Sao Paulo

TropicalSim - Buenos Aires 

TropicalSim - Rio De Janeiro

TropicalSim - Santos Dumont

TropicalSim - Sao Paulo

I enjoy all of these airports, but the hidden gem for South America just may be LatinWings - Santa Barbara De Barinas (SVSB). Very atmospheric tiny airport, but I've managed to get both our 377 and L049 in and out of there pretty easily. 

Forest "FAC257" - A2A Beta Team