Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Loading flight plan - and it's incorrect!

Hi

I've been using SimBrief for some time now, and I've never really though there was a problem with it. However, lately, I've realised that when I create my plan using it, load it into P3D default planner, it usually misses a whole load of points out on the plan.  I then load it again, and usually it has the same problem, but at some point where I'm loading it, it loads perfectly, showing the same waypoints that were created by SimBrief..! It's like, sometimes it can load the proper plan, and sometimes not.

It seems to me like the problem is not with SimBrief, because sometimes  P3D loads the same exported flight plan differently to when it had before.  I always have to check that P3D is right.  Lately I've been using the new Airbus from Aerosoft, and the exported plan always loads into that aircraft perfectly fine.

My conclusion is that P3D is not loading plans correctly - usually. Anyone know why?

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

16 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Hi

I've been using SimBrief for some time now, and I've never really though there was a problem with it. However, lately, I've realised that when I create my plan using it, load it into P3D default planner, it usually misses a whole load of points out on the plan.  I then load it again, and usually it has the same problem, but at some point where I'm loading it, it loads perfectly, showing the same waypoints that were created by SimBrief..! It's like, sometimes it can load the proper plan, and sometimes not.

It seems to me like the problem is not with SimBrief, because sometimes  P3D loads the same exported flight plan differently to when it had before.  I always have to check that P3D is right.  Lately I've been using the new Airbus from Aerosoft, and the exported plan always loads into that aircraft perfectly fine.

My conclusion is that P3D is not loading plans correctly - usually. Anyone know why?

Gaz

have you been keeping the data base in P3D up to date ? 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

33 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

It's a known bug in the P3d4 flight planner. As you discovered, loading the plan a second time works correctly.

5 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's a known bug in the P3d4 flight planner. As you discovered, loading the plan a second time works correctly.

And from what I've read, there's no timetable for a fix.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Shame there's no fix mentioned, but glad to hear I'm not doing something wrong! 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Never had to use the inbuilt P3D flight planner until I attempted to import a flight plan created with LittleNavmap into the new P3D4 compatible F1 Mustang G1000.  Got very confused with what was loaded as described by the OP.  So it is a bug - glad it isn't just me.  As far as I can tell reloading the flightplan fixes the problem.  Odd thing is that some saved plans do seem to load correctly.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

On 8/4/2018 at 4:57 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

Exactly, I have the same symptoms. Second load is ok. Bug of P3Dv4.3 I suppose.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

22 hours ago, YoYo said:

Exactly, I have the same symptoms. Second load is ok. Bug of P3Dv4.3 I suppose

Same here. Shame I've forgotten to load it up for the second time! 

Gaz on Facebook