Sign in to follow this  
orbmis

TFDi Boeing 717 AutoRudder

Is anyone experiencing issues with the new TFDi 717 Autorudder? It seems as though I cannot turn On the AutoRudder setting in P3D's realism settings. When I check it on, exit the settings, and then go back, it is back to it's Off state. I reset it back to On,repeat the process, and find it is back to Off. I don't recall this happening with the v1.0 version.

Is there a setting in the TFDi add-On Manager? If so, I haven't been able to locate it. I thought I had the issue resolved via the Enable AutoRudder setting in the Tablet, but that doesn't seem to be getting it to hold either.

Any help, surely appreciated.

Mike

Edited by orbmis

Can anyone confirm they are seeing this situation also?? Or, am I the only one seeing t?

thx,

mike

Hi Greggy,,

Yep, I read that thread, @nd it sure does seem similar. But a key aspect is that the thread started prior to the v1.1 release. And TFDi m@naged to close the thread down, despite not presenting any sort of resolution. 

Things wouldn’t be so bad, if they set the in-sim flag back to what it was prior to loading the 717. But it’s clear the insim flag is unchecked upon closing P3D.

Are you seeing similar changes with your environment?

mike

The AutoRudder situation with the TFDi 717 annoyed me. The TFDi checkbox for this worked fine, but unfortunately it disabled the P3D setting, so every time that I wanted to fly another plane, I had to remember to enable it again. Inevitably, I always forgot to do it :angry:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

18 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The AutoRudder situation with the TFDi 717 annoyed me. The TFDi checkbox for this worked fine, but unfortunately it disabled the P3D setting, so every time that I wanted to fly another plane, I had to remember to enable it again. Inevitably, I always forgot to do it :angry:

Yep,, that's pretty much where I am with this. Just very frustrating... TFDi,, this should be relatively straight-forward,, if you are going to override the P3D setting, that's fine. But simply set it back to its original state when you're through. They have demonstrated their excellent abilities with a fine product in the 717. Don't let this type thing detract from your status as a leader.

mike

The other aspect of the 717 that annoyed me (past tense, as it has stopped me from flying the plane) is the "all or nothing" save options. When I purchase a new plane, I load the default Beechcraft Baron at the default airport, switch the location to my UK based test airfield (EGMH Manston, which is now closed in the real world), replace the Baron with my new plane, setup the systems/views/lights etc. and SAVE the scenario. Whenever I want to fly the plane, I load this scenario, switch to my departure airport of choice, prepare the flightplan/fuel load/MCP settings etc, and then SAVE this for when I want to fly. In other words, I can load this scenario, and request pushback IMMEDIATELY.

Now, this obviously requires that ALL of the various settings and panel options are saved, so that everything is the same when I decide to load the scenario. This works perfectly with the PMDG airliners. Unfortunately, the TFDi Design 717 options do not seem to work like that. I could either choose not to save anything when I leave the simulator, or save everything. The problem here is that I do not want the plane's systems and settings to be saved at the end of a flight. I want the settings in my SAVED SCENARIO to be loaded when I want to plan a new flight. As far as I could tell, that was not possible with the 717.

Frustrating.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,

This reflects the different approach that various development teams take!

It would make life a lot easier if they could all subscribe to a code of practice covering some elements of the work which each team produces.

However,the world is far from perfect!

Edited by norman s
Addition

8 hours ago, orbmis said:

But simply set it back to its original state when you're through. 

I would create a new thread on their forum.  It's obviously not fixed yet, even though Tfdi said they would address it.

Yep, I did that a few days ago. Joshua at TFDi spotted it, and forwarded it on. But no official response yet. I will surely keep an eye on it.

mike

• Upvote 1