Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
viper1740

Rain Effect

Recommended Posts

I know PMDG has mentioned the rain effect in the past but has it been implemented? I am not seeing it on my sim.  Any ideas?


Jakub Wesolowski

Share this post


Link to post

It hasn't been implemented into the sim yet. The first aircraft to have it I believe is the 748 which is so close I can hear it 'atleast I think I can 😉'

Hopefully other products within the range will get updated not too soon after the 748 release. 

  • Like 1

Intel i9 10980XE | Asus 1070 8GB (Soon to be replaced by the RTX 3090) | Asus ROG Strix X299-E 2066 | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 (Main Drive) | Samsung 860 QVO SSD 2TB (Storage) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Team Group Xtreem "8 Pack Edition" DDR4 3600 32GB 

 

                                                                                                                                                        

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

It hasn't been implemented into the sim yet. The first aircraft to have it I believe is the 748 which is so close I can hear it 'atleast I think I can 😉'

Hopefully other products within the range will get updated not too soon after the 748 release. 

747-400 and 777 will get it right after, then the NGX (or NG3 reboot not sure about 737)

  • Like 2

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post

And I suppose the J41 will be released shortly after the Queen as it has the rain effects too. (No release has been announced though) 


,

Share this post


Link to post

How long after will it be implemented in the 777? Its a bit sad that the 777 is being left behind it seems. This aircraft is the plane of this day and age 😟

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, windshearDK said:

Its a bit sad that the 777 is being left behind it seems.

It's being left behind?


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, windshearDK said:

How long after will it be implemented in the 777? Its a bit sad that the 777 is being left behind it seems. This aircraft is the plane of this day and age 😟

 

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

It's being left behind?

@windshearDK Preposterous! I just said the rain effects WILL be going to the 777, only 3 posts above yours lol. This has been covered multiple times on the forum AND at the flight sim conference in Vegas. How you missed this is beyond me haha.

  • Like 1

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

It's being left behind?

I don't entirely agree with him that the "777 is being left behind," but from a consumer perspective I can see why he may think that.

Personally, between the 747-400 and the 777, I'd rather be flying the 777. But, I've been spending all of my time in the 747 because it's simply more immersive. Tons of small details were added to the 74 like better turbulence, bumps while taxiing, PNF callouts for airspeed alive and positive rate, etc.. small immersion items. All things that I'm sure may be ported over to the T7 in due time.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Spencer Yackee said:

 All things that I'm sure may be ported over to the T7 in due time.

 

Eh, as much as I love PMDG I feel like we've heard this before and it doesn't end up happening. Same thing with SP2 for the NGX and the 777-200ER. It sounds like more projects that'll get sidelined and eventually forgotten about.

 

Alex Pugh

  • Upvote 1

-Alex 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Eh, as much as I love PMDG I feel like we've heard this before and it doesn't end up happening. Same thing with SP2 for the NGX and the 777-200ER. It sounds like more projects that'll get sidelined and eventually forgotten about.

 

Alex Pugh

Hope this isn't the case. The 777 holds a near and dear place in my heart. Haven't been flying it since I switched to P3D. If some of these effects were ported to the 777, I'd totally buy it for P3D and be flying it again.

Fear it may happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Spencer Yackee said:

Hope this isn't the case. The 777 holds a near and dear place in my heart. Haven't been flying it since I switched to P3D. If some of these effects were ported to the 777, I'd totally buy it for P3D and be flying it again.

Fear it may happen though.

Well, if you're talking about the rain effects on the 777 in P3D, you're in luck as PMDG is going to be adding the rainmaker into the 777lr, 777 300, 747-400 and 747-8. I don't know about the J41 and they are unsure about the NGX as they're making the NG3

  • Like 1

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/19/2018 at 7:16 PM, scandinavian13 said:

It's being left behind?

Maybe a bit dramatically worded by me, but I am not seeing much mention about the future of this product, will it be updated further? What are the long term plans? Will it become a V2 or what is the future of this amazing product of yours?


Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/19/2018 at 9:40 PM, captainsazzman said:

 

@windshearDK Preposterous! I just said the rain effects WILL be going to the 777, only 3 posts above yours lol. This has been covered multiple times on the forum AND at the flight sim conference in Vegas. How you missed this is beyond me haha.

I know dude... But only recently was it mentioned when in the process it would be implemented/updated... As I understood it, it will be implemented at the same time as the 744. This is a major immersion effect and I am eager for it!


Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, windshearDK said:

I know dude... But only recently was it mentioned when in the process it would be implemented/updated... As I understood it, it will be implemented at the same time as the 744. This is a major immersion effect and I am eager for it!

Rob talks about rainmaker plans here: 

 

  • Like 2

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    49%
    $12,400.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...