Sign in to follow this  
Philipljung

Homecockpit screen management and squawk typing problems. Fsxse

Hi! I have a problem guarding my screens in my homecockpit. So first, let me explain: if you amagine sitting in a normal cockpit, I have a screen right in front of me for my displays, and one over for my exterior view. But the problem is: I can’t look to the sides, nor change other panels than my mip, reason being I do not have a mid panel to my right or an overhead (yet), now you are probably thinking: but Philip, you can just press A! Yes I can press a, but if I do then the monitor on top will change views, and I don’t want that to be changing views because that is my exterior view! So how can I do so if I press a, the monitor with the displays change view?

One more question: my cockpit is not anywhere near a real cockpit, I don’t have any real cockpit parts and so on. But something I wonder, for those who are like me and not having a REAL cockpit at home. How do you type in your squawk code? Does these thing sell separately? And what is it even called? Squawk boxes? Squawk input device? Haha, you get what I mean at least. 

Thank you very much! I will be going to sleep now but I will be back when I wake up. (About 10 hours from now on. 

Best regards. Philip👌☺️😉

How about the Saitek (now Logitech) Radio Panel?  You'll get 2 Com Radios, 2 Nav Radios, ADF, DME and Transponder all in one panel. Plus the panel works in Shared Cockpit (well, you'll have to wait until the Maddog and SP1 for the Aerosoft Airbus to use it in Shared Cockpit).  The radio panel does not work in shared cockpit with the TFDi B717.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Phillip have you ever looked at a program called Air Manager by Sim Innovations? With a single touchscreen for your panel displays you can operate all your radios, GPS, Transponder, Switches and buttons etc. and have the flexibility of changing aircraft easily with pretty much total operation of everything. You won't have the view issue mentioned. A recent development is a thing they call knobster which allows all radio frequencies, gps knobs etc to be operated from a single dual rotary.

Once you have the program you can download 450 free instruments and some ready made complete panels. There are also payware complete panels available at a modest price.

The biggest outlay is buying a touch screen but after that you have a very economical cockpit solution.

Check out this video

It might be a good option for you rather than trying to buy individual hardware items. I have Air Manager myself and I'm just a customer, not an employee pushing a product, although I do recommend it.

Cheers

Ian

Ian Cameron