Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

ATC pause before speaking

Hello guys I have a issue that’s driving me nuts! Ever since I downloaded v4.3, I am getting this ATC pause right before ATC gives instruction, or before they reply to another aircraft. Sometimes the pause is a fraction of a second, but sometimes it’s a whole second. I have a pretty powerful system... 32 gigs RAM, GTX1060 6gb OC, i7-6700K, and Windows 10. I did a clean install of my graphics driver to see if that would help but no luck. I run my settings “medium high” just for peace of mind as far as frames but I get 40-60fps on the ground at payware airports, and 60fps in cruise. This is with ORBX scenery, UTL, AS16, and SF running as well. But in v4.2 the pauses were not this bad! Is anyone else noticing this? I opened a ticked with LM on their forums but they swear it isn’t anything on their end. But I’m at my WITS END 😂. Any help or advice would be appreciated as always! 

I hate to say this, my friend, but this has been an issue since back in the FSX days, and there isn't a know solution that I've seen.  You can find other threads here at Avsim discussing this very issue with the same results.  Although a bit frustrating, I've learned to accept it.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

10 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

I hate to say this, my friend, but this has been an issue since back in the FSX days, and there isn't a know solution that I've seen.  You can find other threads here at Avsim discussing this very issue with the same results.  Although a bit frustrating, I've learned to accept it.

It just seems as though they weren’t this prominent with earlier versions of v4. I do realize there has always been a pause but before if I remember correctly it was maybe only 1 pause every 5 minutes or so. But now it’s everytime someone Keys the mic! I have narrowed it down to two causes. One is maybe my audio driver... and the other is possibly an over loaded GPU, or CPU. I believe my GPU runs 100% in P3Dv4 and maybe it’s hit it’s cap. But then again during all of this I’m still getting excellent FPS. So... idk lol

The only thing similar that I have had was stutter before touch down in FSX and P3D ver. 3.xx. I managed to fix that by updating onboard sound (realtek) drivers. It took me quite a while and many searches to find what to try to rectify. However I don't have any such problem with ATC messages.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

The only thing similar that I have had was stutter before touch down in FSX and P3D ver. 3.xx. I managed to fix that by updating onboard sound (realtek) drivers. It took me quite a while and many searches to find what to try to rectify. However I don't have any such problem with ATC messages.

I’m leaning more towards an audio driver myself. I have the Nvidia HD audio driver that came with my graphics driver (which is current), then I have the Realtek audio that came with windows 10. And whatever bloody sound card on my motherboard. I guess if would be difficult to pinpoint an audio issue with all of that going on lol

I could be wrong but I believe the Nvidia HD driver is controlling the ATC that I have routed through my TV monitor and all other sounds are routed through speaker system via Realtek drivers.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's