Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

I solved my FSX stuttering issue.

90% of my flights in FSX are with the A2A C182 Skylane and the Flysimware Lear 35, which both have  the Flight 1 GTN-750 installed.

About a month ago, I began to have significant stuttering problems with FSX where, previously,  this was not an issue other than the occasional microstutter.    Despite the stuttering,  I was consistently getting 40-50 fps and higher but the stutters continued to get worse.  I tried numerous fixes, e.g.;  updating my video card driver(Nvidia GTX 750 ti) and  making some changes in my fsx.cfg,    At one point I thought Active Sky Next (ASN) might be the cause of the problem, but this turned out not to be the case when I did a flight without ASN and still had the stuttering.

Then I recalled that the stuttering began around the same time that I had to reinstall the GTN-750 after it failed to display in the panels of the two aircraft.  (I never determined what caused this but after reinstalling it, it worked properly)   

Today after attempting another flight out of PAJN (Juneau, AK) in the Lear 35, and getting severe stuttering as soon as I began taxiiing to the runway, I decided to uninstall the GTN-750. ( I backed up the installation file so I can reinstall it at any time).

Without the GTN-750 in my panel, the flight was stutter-free and smooth as silk.    

I would really like to continue use the GTN so I'm wondering if anyone else has, or had, the same issue and can provide some information or recommend an alternative to the GTN-750..

Thanks.

Bob

Edited by BobKK47

If you haven't already done so you might try switching the GTN to another CPU than the one running FSX...you can do that in the GTN config. From memory I think I use CPU 3 and 4

Ian Cameron

If you install the free process lasso you can raise the priority of the GTN . Thats what I did. Just right click on the process and you will see the options

ZORAN

Hello Bowingic

Where in the gtn settings can i change the cpu usage,  thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Open F1GTN Config....F1GTNconfig.exe

Click on Configure GTN

Select GTN750 Unit 1 (or whichever you wish to configure)

Click on the Down Arrow until you see CPU Core (default is Auto)

Click on it and select which CPU you wish the GTN to use ( I used 3 for GTN1 and 4 for GTN2 on my setup)

It may not fix your problem but its worth a try doesn't cost anything:wink:

Cheers

Ian

Ian Cameron

7 hours ago, zmak said:

If you install the free process lasso you can raise the priority of the GTN . Thats what I did. Just right click on the process and you will see the options

Yes, this is what I do and I have no trouble with stutters. I have Process Lasso set the GTN on Above Normal, and use all cores, Normal memory. 

Essentially what I do is P3D v4 gets High priority and all add-ons get Above Normal. I did the same when I used FSX.

I set the Flight 1 GTN config setting to all cores as well.

Thanks all for the information.   I wasn't aware of process lasso.  I'll give it a try.

I have a quad-core cpu (Intel i5-6500).

thanks very much bowingIC, also when you run the GTNF1update tool, does it list P3D 4.3 in the list of supported sims, mine stops at 3.4.9.18400 which I find odd even though I am running the latest version and the download button is greyed out, I am running the latest GTNConfig version also

Thanks

Wayne

Edited by suchw

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Paul,

Per your advice I obtained the free lasso utility.   I have the GTN-750 set to high priority using 4 cores.   FSX is set for "normal" priority for the time being.  An added bonus is the response time (the time it takes the GTN to boot up when I load the aircraft, and the time it takes to change screens in the GTN-750 when using the mouse to change screens in the GTN) has improved.   Thanks much for the advice.

Edited by BobKK47