Sign in to follow this  
Fabrice

2.5.0.5 R2: Taxi instructions (and other strange things)

Hi Dave,

Since I use 2.5.0.5 R2, after pushback in the departure airport (after off course asking for IFR clearance and pushback), Ground is giving me instruction to taxi to the gate I just left. I'm using the command "Ground, [Callsign], ready to taxi". If I then request "Ground, [Callsign], request taxi to runway", the instructions are correct and I can do my flight, but in the destination airport, when I request taxi to the gate, I'm given the instruction to taxi to the gate number I was given in the departure airport. This is happening to every flights. I sent you the log by email.

On this specific flight from Geneva LSGG to Paris-Orly LFPO, I had other strange things: I was given the clearance for the ILS approach by the Center, at 120nm from destination and at FL230... I was then handed off to approach, who never gave me instructions. When on final, I tried to announce "established on final" and was handed off to the tower. The copilot changed the freq but did not contact the tower. After landing I tried a "is clear of active" command and got the "welcome to Orly" message but was not handed off to ground. I tried a "request taxi" which was recognized but never received any instructions.

Flight plan was: LSGG23 DIPI5A DIPIR IBABA TUTAX TUTA8E LFPO26.

Let me know should you need more info.

Thanks,

Fabrice

Edited by Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Fabrice,

Thanks for the report and the log.  There is a bug that I've found and fixed that causes the taxi instruction issue.  The fix should be out later this week in 2505 R3.

As for the arrival and approach, all looks normal until the handoff to Tower.  I did notice that the arrival runway was 06 rather than 26, so that might have been a surprise. 

You were give permission to descend via the STAR and then the ILS approach had a transition beginning at MOLBA.  So clearance for the ILS was given prior to the transition point and a little earlier because you were also told to contact Approach in the same call.  Nothing unusual there.  Approach answered with the usual "Radar Contact" call and so no further instructions were necessary until you reached it IF (CI06) where you were switched to Tower.

It does appear that the FO did not make the initial tower call.  You could have swapped frequencies manually back to Approach and then Tower and he might have made the call.  Or simply make the call "SWISS 731 inbound for ILS to Runway 06" and it should have picked up. 

I did find the error that caused you not to be transferred to Ground after clear of the active.  That too will be fixed in 2505R3.

Thanks again,

Dave

Sorry for the invasion, but does this means that we cant use the taxi clearance for now in the arrival airport?

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Yes, you can. Just dont't say "ready to taxi" or "request taxi", but ask "request taxi to runway" on departure and "request taxi to the gate" on arrival.

Edited by Fabrice
  • Like 1

Fabrice Lambert