Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Accidently deleted Traffic.bgl?

Is there a Traffic.bgl when you install P3dv4.3? I know that when you install say UTLive or MT6 or whatever, you usually change extension to bak or passive or something like that but I think I deleted it and no traffic showing. If I need it, where can I find a copy of it?

Thanks,

Bob M.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

11 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

Is there a Traffic.bgl when you install P3dv4.3? I know that when you install say UTLive or MT6 or whatever, you usually change extension to bak or passive or something like that but I think I deleted it and no traffic showing. If I need it, where can I find a copy of it?

Thanks,

Bob M.

Re-install the P3D content and it will restore it for you.

S.

If I am using UTLive and I have WOAI aircraft (primarily airlines that fly into KaiTak) and I have WOAI bgl's for say KaiTak without installing MT6..would the woai show up?

Make sense..lol... I have KaiTak for p3dv4 installed but the airport is kinda dead...and maybe it has something to do with the missing traffic.bgl is why woai not showing? I do have the Special VHHX .bgl Martin from FlyTampa wrote years ago as well installed in the world/scenery folder

Thank you!!!

Bob M.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

As this file is not changed, you can find it very easy in your normal backup. Simply right-click on the folder where it should be, open properties and click on "earlier versions". Then simply open an earlier version of the folder where the traffic.bgl is still in, move it to your desktop and from there back in the current folder where it should be.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I removed the content and reinstalled a complete new content and the traffic.bgl didn't show up....maybe 4.3 did away with it? Any way STB is seeing taffic at VHHX (probably reading the VHHX.bgl) but I don't see nothing lol

Thanks,

Bob M.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

3 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

I removed the content and reinstalled a complete new content and the traffic.bgl didn't show up....maybe 4.3 did away with it?

Thanks,

Bob M.

Traffict.bgl is part of the default content scenery installation, something must have gone wrong during re-install.

Perhaps you should re-install P3D entirely and see.

R.

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........yikes...do I really need it? I do see UTLive aircraft at other airports just not at VHHX

UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>I did a repair install from the Academic 38.4GB and it put the traffic.bgl back in 🙂

Thanks,Bob M.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

Hello Bob

For future reference the trafficAircraft.bgl file is part of the Scenery component.

You can return this file by repairing the Scenery Install through the Windows control panel,   Right click on Prepar3D v4 Scenery and click Change > Repair 

Thanks Poppet...yes I did a complete repair and it reinstalled it. Thank you!! I do have a minor problem...been working on for days..I have installed the new KaiTak scenery. I am trying to get moving aircraft and not static. I have the regular airplanes and i have added some repaints. I have utlive but I have disabled for now..i do get aircraft at all the airports with it..no problem..its VHHX I have no planes. I really didn't want to install MT6 because the planes are old. I do have a special Vhhx. bgl  and bgl for the airlines and flight plans for 1998 and 1995  but for some reason i got no planes...any idea where i can look. I have FAIB aircraft and WOAI aircraft in the Airplane folder.

I know that you are the intellect P3dv4.3 GURU 🙂

Warmest Regards to you!!

Bob M.

Bob M

Bob, the default traffic.bgl will not have any traffic at VHHX anyways. As mentioned before for the traffic you downloaded for VHHX, you need to add the included aircraft to your collection. That means copy and paste the textures into the correct model folder and then add in the aircraft.cfg entries. Once that is done you run AIFP and load those retro airline plans and compile.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks Dave..

ok I changed the traffic.bgl from off to bgl and i see traffic overhead but its going to Hong Kong (new) I am over at VHHX with my finger up my butt...lol.  I used AIFP and opened the zip from say the Japanese website and i compiled without the red airplanes anyway so I am not sure its right. Can I recompile the flight plans without the airplanes. I have been adding FAIB and flightsim txt piece by piece..slow as hell. I have stbg running but i believe its the planes for Hong Kong loading. Sorry I just want VHHX to be right 🙂

BTW I need a TFS A300 for my airplane for Asiana I thin and I can't find a AIA_MD_8X (ui type MD-82)  for a and a TFS_A300 for a Korean Air...if you got any laying around lol

Bob M.

Bob M

Did you look in the recycle bin as often you can right click and restore something if you have not emptied the bin.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg