Sign in to follow this  
Guest TWVA395

Need help!! Have not seen this before

Hi, I've got a strange issue going on with my AFCADS and sceneries.I had to reinstall FS and when I istalled KBOSv2 and KBWI (along with other large airport sceneries or AFCADS which had been working fine, I noticed that I had textures all out of place. Instead of smooth transitions I had majur blocks and pieces of scery everywher. I have buildings in thw water, scery objects on the walls, blocks of numbers on the tarmat, and grass all over the place. The first time I notice this was right after I installed KJFKv3. I had stuff and colors all intermengled.I've completly uninstalled everything FS related and started over several times and the problem reappears. I don't think it is a video card issues since my cp is fairly new and nothing else seems to be effected.I've tried moving my sliders and all I get is an uglier version of what I had.Idon't have multiple bgls since i start from scratch each time. I tried asking this question in the scery desigb formum wit no success.My frustration level is way down there.I would appreciate if someone who may have experienced this could offer me a suggestion of where to start next. the default airports are fine. Oh and I must mention that my scenery look like dismantled grids.Help!!! PleaseBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Started thinking about this post and realized that it may sound like I am blaming my problems on the sceneries I mentioned.I am in no way saying that it is the sceneries fault. Everything but the KJFK worked before. I may have done something stupid that I can't find.Hope I did not make anyone angry and if I did I apologize sinserlyMonnieBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Guest TWVA395

I haven't experienced that problem... but try: reinstalling FS to a different directory and/or completely removing all traces of your video card drivers from your pc then reinstall with the latest drivers.Hope this helps!http://www.kthxdone.com/images/kw_ft.jpgKen Weik [link:maam.org|MAAM-SIM][link:library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=kenneth+weik&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View]My AFCADs

Thanks for responding ,Ken. It's the strngest thing I have seen or heard about in my limited experience. I even see textures when I switch views within the cockpit. they will stay as long as I hold the veiw and then reform to normal later.I don't know how to remove drivers but I will learn and try this since I recieved an auto update about my nividia card. And while I have your attension, I want to thank you for all the work, effort and time you have given to make this hobby neat for us.I appreciate you.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Ken,I did waht you suggested and so far so good. You da Man!!!I don't know what cause the problem but as others have suggested, I had better slow down and star logging my actions. Also learned that computers lie to you. My diagnostic said there was no better driver and that my device seemed to be working properly. YEAH RIGHT!!!In any case I don't have half a RUNWAY HERE AND PLANES IN TREES ANYMORE:-)Thanks againBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)