Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

FLAI compatible

Nico, i downloaded your version11 now, i followed the quickstart guide, still no traffic at jfk, realtraffic shows traffic in the vincinity-circles, psx shows FLAI is in use, but still announces error 81, to much liveries that cannot be made.. and after 25 min still not 1 airplane visible at jfk.

What can be wrong ?  I rembered last year in v3 i had to adapt simobjects cfg file ?  what do i have to add now in v4 cfg file ?

( fyi: just payed 10 dollar for Realtraffic license -  PSX shows green/green  )

Edited by Pluto7777

2 hours ago, Bluestar said:

I have similar error codes as you have reported.  Is it necessary or recommended to correct these errors?

Wilhelm,

The airline codes are contained in each livery section, withing the relevant aircraft.cfg. If the invalid code is ZZZZ, I suspect that's used as a default blank livery for Vatsim. I suspect there would be a way to change that code to make PSXseecontraffic see it as a default livery, but I haven't researched that.

Personally, I've done it two ways:

1.) Within aircraft.cfg delete the livery with airline code ZZZZ then renumber the [flightsim.x] so they are sequential starting with "0" - ends up being a time consuming project if there are a lot of them.

2.) Rather than delete the ZZZZ livery in aircraft.cfg, I just leave them alone and ignore the errors...AIGenerator has not created a livery listing for them, so in my humble opinion, it's no bid deal to just leave them as-is

I usually do try to fix any "real" airline codes that are wrong, then when I re-run AIGenerator it will create that livery for PSXseecontraffic.

I also fix any bad model codes, and parking codes, otherwise that particular model will not be used by PSXseecontraffic.

Kind Regards,

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

13 hours ago, Pluto7777 said:

Nico, i downloaded your version11 now, i followed the quickstart guide, still no traffic at jfk, realtraffic shows traffic in the vincinity-circles, psx shows FLAI is in use, but still announces error 81, to much liveries that cannot be made.. 

What can be wrong ? 

See the Manual about error 81... Most likely cause: Your FLAi liveries are not activated in P3D

2 hours ago, Pluto7777 said:

Nico, can i also get an answer from you please ?

I gave you an answer as soon as possible, do note that I'm in Europe and we do sleep at night 😉

11 hours ago, somiller said:

1.) Within aircraft.cfg delete the livery with airline code ZZZZ then renumber the [flightsim.x] so they are sequential starting with "0" - ends up being a time consuming project if there are a lot of them.

You really do not have to do that. AILGenerator will renumber the fltsim.x sections if you select that checkbox.

11 hours ago, somiller said:

2) Rather than delete the ZZZZ livery in aircraft.cfg, I just leave them alone and ignore the errors...AIGenerator has not created a livery listing for them, so in my humble opinion, it's no big deal to just leave them as-is

Indeed, no worriies, you still have some 1600 good liveries left, you only miss a few. See also the last item in the PSXseeconTraffic FAQ.

Sorry to be a pain but I currently use UT2 for my Vatsim AI traffic but it would appear that FLAI is more up to date and would like to use this product instead.

My question is as I am using P3Dv3 could someone please let me know the correct path in which to download this product-do I download it to my Sim Object/airplane folder?

Many thanks in anticipation and I apologise if the answer is obvious.

Michael

Michael Broom

Nico, as mentioned in ur manual, i went for the solution via simstarter NG app. Aircrafts are showing up now. Can you give some settings for simstarter NG , in order to automatically select items as FLAI, realtraffic, etc...  where to put these instructions ?  Not necessary a question for Nico only, maybe other more skilled users (then i am)  also can answer this question ?

5 hours ago, Pluto7777 said:

Nico, as mentioned in ur manual, i went for the solution via simstarter NG app. Aircrafts are showing up now. Can you give some settings for simstarter NG , in order to automatically select items as FLAI, realtraffic, etc...  where to put these instructions ?  Not necessary a question for Nico only, maybe other more skilled users (then i am)  also can answer this question ?

I do not have SimStarter. I think you better ask this question in the SimStarter Forum.

10 hours ago, stratfordman10 said:

Sorry to be a pain but I currently use UT2 for my Vatsim AI traffic but it would appear that FLAI is more up to date and would like to use this product instead.

My question is as I am using P3Dv3 could someone please let me know the correct path in which to download this product-do I download it to my Sim Object/airplane folder?

Many thanks in anticipation and I apologise if the answer is obvious.

Michael

H Michael,

Please ask this question in the vPIlot forum at VATSIM.

Nico