Philipljung

Linda keeps disconnecting from fsxse

I have received no emailed logs.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

9 hours ago, Philipljung said:

First of all, it worked the first time I tried it, but when I logged on the next day, it didn’t work. What I am trying to do is: you know the saitek switch panel, right? It’s designed for the Cessna, but I wanted to use it to Pmdg 738ngx. Reason being I only fly that plane, I wanted the rotary knob to be auto brake and the landing gear lever to be the landing gear lever, I also wanted the buttons in the middle to program the buttons in the mcp

This is how I have mine set up. Have you assigned any functions to the switches in the Setup Joystick page? You need the _on for the OnPress and _off for the OnRelease for most of the switch. For Example, Switch 19 should be NGX_GEAR_up and Switch 20 NGX_GEAR_down, Switch 13 NGX_LAND_ALL_on (OnPress) and NGX_LAND_ALL_off (OnRelease). With LINDA Sync-To-Sim (orange outline) operating a switch on the Switch Panel should highlight the appropriate switch. 

my problem is this: when I open up a flight and the Linda software, I can sync it to the sim and everything. But the 3 lights is just going in circles with red, green, and no color. No switches can be pressed, also It says: Linda restarting, please do not operate any buttons, and then LINDA READY. But the lights is still flashing like it hasn’t been connected to anything. When I try to switch the lever, it Is green but no signs of it working. Actually, when I tried it this time, the lever extended when I switched, but when I tried retracting it or pressing any other button, it doesn’t work again. Like I said, I did get it to work one time, and I was really happy, but now I am back at square one. I can not remember changing anything between when it worked and when it wasn’t. Also, when I flew one time with it working, it stopped working mid flight. So I had to restart Linda for it to work, but then go black after 3 minutes...

When you start the FSX and LINDA, the sequence is the Switch Panel gear lights will flash in rotation, the LINDA Restarting banner will be displayed followed by LINDA Ready. After this operating any switch on the Panel should stop the gear lights flashing and display 3 greens (if on the ground). At the same time LINDA will action all the Panel switch positions which can take a few seconds to complete. I need to see the full logs to understanding why this is not happening. You have yet to send me anything I can use.

okay, I seriously do not know what is happening, suddenly when I try to press the buttons and switches, nothing happens,until like 10 seconds, everything i just did happens. And after that, everything works, but I am sure it will happen again at a later time. So I am giving you all information. I do not know what I did, I just restarted everything and it all works. I’ll come back if I get any further problems, okay? (Probably the switch panel shutting down right after I takeoff or something, but we’ll see) thank you

I really need to see the logs (with Verbose logging as per the procedure I sent) to see why there is a delay.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Oh, I am so sorry about that. The reason was because I thought it worked but then it didn’t work again and I totally forgot it. But I am changing to p3d tomorrow so I don’t think it is going to be a problem anymore. But still, I am going to try to fix it because if I do, then other people reading this will understand. But like yesterday I am going to bed now:) I’m so sorry. But I will send it all tomorrow and let’s hope for the best. Thank you for all of your effort and we will catch up tomorrow, thanks!

I am sorry but I can only people who have some knowledge of computers. I am getting to the end of my patience with you.

The log files and in your c:/fsx/modules directory. I need the FSUIPC4.log and LINDA2.log files. By email.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Okay, so like I said I am chainging to p3d, so this is no Longer going’s to be a problem. I think I will just let you and me relax a bit and I will get back to you if I get any other further problems. I want to say this though: thank you thank you thank you x10000 for all of your help! Thank you so much!

Yeah, I looked for it, I have knowledge of computers. I already knew it was in the modules file. but it weren’t there, so that’s why I asked. But anyways, it’s okay, You don’t need to bother helping me anymore. I don’t need to get fsx to work now when I have p3d. But I will reach back to you if further problems (if okay), thank you.🙂