Sign in to follow this  
asanal

I need Help (II)

My first request for Help was for PMDG 747 . I  recived help and problem solved (It was so simple)

That is my second Help request for PMDG 777 A/P:

Last three months on and off I am  trying to  search  solution for 777 for the following problem:

A/P has habit after take-off, over 1000 ft area when I engage the A/P,  couple of second with out any reason A/P disconnects  and  I manually climb to cruise LV,  I connect the A/P . Before TOD  A/P decides  to disconnect  its self  and dives to almost to hit the ground before I recover  it.

Many times I uninstall/reinstall PMDG 777 and P3D with cleaning off all left over files and documents. Then I

install Add-ons. 

That is the end.

Do you have any advice to solve this problem.

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Wilhelm,

Thanks for your response.

The problem is before move the yoke  A/P disconnects it self.

Ahmet Sanal

9 hours ago, asanal said:

Wilhelm,

The problem is before move the yoke  A/P disconnects it self.

This is the same issue as the issue in the 747, honestly: your hardware is kicking the AP off. The commonality isn't PMDG: it's your hardware.

10 hours ago, asanal said:

Many times I uninstall/reinstall PMDG 777 and P3D with cleaning off all left over files and documents.

This never really solves much, so I suggest avoiding it as a problem-solving step in the future.

Kyle Rodgers

Even if you don't physically touch your yoke, there is an extremely good chance that it is sending small 'spikes' (aka spurious input signals) to your computer. You can try cleaning your hardware so the contact points are less likely to do this, or you can widen the null zones when calibrating it, or you can select an option where moving the yoke does not disconnect the autopilot. Any of these things is likely to cure the issue.

It's easy to test to see if this is the problem too. Simply take off, engage the autopilot, hit pause and unplug your yoke, then unpause the sim. If the autopilot stays on when it would otherwise have disconnected, it was your yoke sending a spurious signal which was the problem.

It doesn't happen with real airliners because they have hardware which costs millions of Dollars and are built to massively stringent standards, as opposed to the stuff we use on our PCs, where even the best of what we use is not really built to the kind of standards found in real aeroplanes. Put it this way, if you think a Mercedes Benz has good shut lines on the doors, check out the shut lines on the access panels of an airliner lol, they make that Merc look sloppy in comparison.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Are you getting VNAV   on the primary flight display? 

It could be as simple as setting too high an altitude in the FMC. Try lowering the value from eg: 370 to 270 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Kyle,

I was advised look at 747 FMC - PMDG SETUP> <OPTIONS <SIMULATION page 2/10 CTL INPUT WITH AP ON if disabled select Enable. I selected "Enable" problem solved.

Alan,

Thanks for advise I will make  a test flight

"It's easy to test to see if this is the problem too. Simply take off, engage the autopilot, hit pause and unplug your yoke, then unpause the sim. If the autopilot stays on when it would otherwise have disconnected, it was your yoke sending a spurious signal which was the problem."

Jude,

You are right, Some times I see the line on VNAV. Now I know what is happening.

Thanks for your advise.

Thanks  again to all

Ahmet Sanal

Alan.

I am just making a test flight. I take off climbed 1000Ft engaged A/P  climbed 4000Ft put sim in pause pull the YOKE USB cable then un pause the sim  A/P still engaged.

Climbed 240FL with A/P engaged, clicked  Pause and disconnected  YOKE cable then unpause A/P still A/P remains engaged.

I just realized after I installed USB cable,777 is flying but YOKE remains DISCONNECTED (?)

I think it is time buy a new YOKE.

How can select an option where moving the yoke does not disconnect the autopilot ?

Thanks

Edited by asanal

Ahmet Sanal

38 minutes ago, asanal said:

How can select an option where moving the yoke does not disconnect the autopilot ?

This is the way the real aircraft works... move the yoke or trim and A/P disconnects.  It's does what you want it to do... think about  it.

Dan Downs KCRP

13 minutes ago, downscc said:

This is the way the real aircraft works... 

partially

A real aircraft yoke's encoder won't send spikes that make the controls "flutter". Unfortunately this is owed to cheap hardware sold expensively. 

Ahmet what controller do you use? If you have CH hardware, they are known to not tighten their wire connections for whatever reason. If you have a bit of craftmanship you can open the controller (you will lose the warranty!!) and crimp the connections a bit. I can't tell about Saitek or others, though. might be the same issue. 

Edited by Ephedrin

Dan,

I think there is a misunderstanding. That is what I was trying to say "move the yoke or trim and A/P disconnects" When plane on A/P, if you move yoke it will disconnect the A/P. IN my case I don'nt move yoke or trim A/P disconnect it self with out any input. ( turbulence etc)

This was my third option in above post  SIM Yoke calibration."or you can select an option where moving the yoke does not disconnect the autopilot." today cost environment I prefer to select this option then YOKE.

Thanks

Edited by asanal

Ahmet Sanal

Marc,

I have CH Eclipse yoke/ pedals. I think it is 10 years old. Heavily used. I really cannot do the repair, I never open the CH Yoke case.

Thank you.

Edited by asanal

Ahmet Sanal