Sign in to follow this  
Guest fvpang

PMDG Panel with Posky Model NG

Guest Collezio

It is possible to have merge the PMDG/POSKY of -600 -700 and -800? I not am successful to make it alone.Thankssouthwest737ng@hotmail.it

Guest Tingoose

I'm of the 'Why merge' school of thought. You gotta great complete PMDG package with a VC and you wanna stick the 2D panel into another freeware model that itseld doesn't have a VC and all that funtionality in the PMDG. Why on earth did you fork out good money in the first place?! Perverse to say the leastx(

Guest lalo lolo1

If you don't use the VC, the Posky model has a vey nice wingflex effect that the PMDG doesn't. The rest of the exterior is as good as the pmdg one.I prefer to use the VCs so I don't mind about the merge in this case (just did the merge to give a hand here), but I will ask you a couple of questions:Do you have the Lago MD80? Do you use the lago AC with its VC, or do you use the JCA one, or even the one that looks the best (SGA)?Do you have any PSS Airbus? Do you use the original model with VC or the Poskys and IFDGs?These are very good examples why a merge can be good.Leo

Guest Collezio

Lolo, you can send me the modified file aircraft.cfg ? thanks

>If you don't use the VC, the Posky model has a vey nice>wingflex effect that the PMDG doesn't. The rest of the>exterior is as good as the pmdg one.>>I prefer to use the VCs so I don't mind about the merge in>this case (just did the merge to give a hand here), but I will>ask you a couple of questions:>>Do you have the Lago MD80? Do you use the lago AC with its VC,>or do you use the JCA one, or even the one that looks the best>(SGA)?>>Do you have any PSS Airbus? Do you use the original model with>VC or the Poskys and IFDGs?>>These are very good examples why a merge can be good.>>Leo>Well said Leo! I can think of many more examples. :)

Guest Collezio

Hello ED, but you were not making something of the sort on FOKKER? I want also that one. :9Love you video Tupolev !!!!

Guest lalo lolo1

Filipo,Which one? I have quite a few.Leo

I went off the Fokker because if you arm the lift dumpers your nosewheel gets smashed into the ground. I consider the landing the most important part of my simulation and the lift dumpers and rear airbrakes two things that make the Fokker so special. I sent emails to PF asking why this happens to no avail, so when Erez (PF's modeller) joined POSKy I thought YES!.....but it would seem after a few questions about the airfile and model he has dissappeared! :(

Guest Collezio

:( ED.... Lolo all the merge of the 737 posky/Pmdg thanks....

Guest lalo lolo1

Filipo:Follow the instructions I wrote above, except that don't replace the contact points.Then just scroll down and look for my other post in which I write the right contact points cfg. Copy that text and paste it over the contact points of your new AC, overwriting the one you had.The lights don't work well though. They appear out of position. I don't use the merge myself (happy with the PMDG such as it is), so it it is not very likely I will put more time into the lights. If someone could fix that then feel free to use my contact points cfg to create an aircraft.cfg that could be uploaded in Avsim.Leo

Guest Collezio

We hope :-halo , I have tried to make as you say, but mistake sure something, FS9 goes in CTD. You I would be pleasing if you can send me the file . However thanks the same one.

Guest fvpang

Brian:As you said you have the merge for the posky also. Can you share with us? Leo

Guest fvpang

Leo:Good thoughts about this merge between PDMG and Posky. I try your merge and it just work fine. I

Guest Tingoose

Leo,You wrote: "These are very good examples why a merge can be good"In the examples you give yes, I can see that, but 'deconstructing' a very complete and superior package like the PMDG 737NG series is as I said, perverse. Nevertheless I guess that some like the satisfaction of mixing and matching components from various packages as a satisfying end in itself.

Nevertheless I>guess that some like the satisfaction of mixing and matching>components from various packages as a satisfying end in>itself.Wrong .....some simply prefer a different model. :)