Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Simflyers out of business?

Eric,I'm going to defend them here for the simple reason we have been through the same things that they've been through.So unless you want to poney up the money and the talent for them and everyone else to get your wants out right now, I highly suggest you keep it shut.You have absolutely no clue what so ever what is going on with them or any other developer even though you've been told numerous times by at least 5 other developers on how things work. You also fail to understand that there are numerous other FS reasons for which can't be discussed that also effect dev time and that's after all the other stuff has been addressed and taken care of.I would really hope to be able to get you to see the other side of the fence but apprently all you want to is B&G, so I guess it's really no use, and I once again get suckered into yet another pointless debate even if it is to defend someone else.I think you really need to mature a little and understand that there is no conspiracy theory and certainly no money to be made when products are not being produced. There certainly is nothing to gain by making everyone mad when somone announces something and plans go south, so your theory about how developers announce stuff just to bait everyone makes absolutley no sense at all.I suppose you feel the same way about Vaschuez and the PDX project even though you've been told directly by him in an open and public forum what his particular situation is.I'm ready to hire you this very second if you can prove to me you have what it takes to produce a complete scenery in 6 months time let alone a 3 month cycle.Put your mouth where your money is bro.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Ummmmmmm..ok. I have not said anything different than what others posted. Why jump on me and start defending Simflyers. I merely expressed an opinion on Simflyers..nothing more. I have been a big supporter of them. Fact is, since Cal left, they have not released anything. Why is your panties in a knot over what I said (not that I care but just curious) and not what others have said?

Eric 

Because you keep harping on the issue while others are learning.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Water Mango

If I remember correctly the best scenery Simflyers has ever produced has been since Cal left (especially performance wise). These would include KPHX and KLAS... :-roll Jeff what's the latest on KMCI??? Not trying to start anything but it's been almost two years in development... Will we see it before FSX or not??? Just wondering...

Chris,yes, we've overcome our obstacles...lol. it's getting the last bit of touches to the new ground, same for LIT, then it all get's put back together again and all the little objects (individual lights/signs, etc.) placed.We decided to go with the current state of the airfield and just do an update when the new rental car stuff along MCI RWY 19L is completed. We'll do that when we do the FSX version and issue it free of course to all current users.We still plan on easily FS9 release.Bottom line is it's getting down to the little things now that usually take the longest, so we hope we have no more hick ups, and hope that ole Murphy stays away from us for the next few years.The new MCI ARFF and taxiways will be there also, so that will be cool.On the LIT front, Gary's doing an awesome job with that. He's done some wonderful night textures for both LIT and MCI.While we're at it, the aircraft are looking so cool. The pits are just gorgeous and gauge programming is hot an heavy on all 3 aircraft. One you guys probably don't know about yet, so it will be a surprise. We hope to have at least the 2 you all know about done for FS9 as well. Everything looks to be on track, so as of now, we're really happy. Let's see if it all comes together and I don't eat my words. LOL.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

>Because you keep harping on the issue while others are>learning.What issue is that? About your scenery releases or lack thereof? I could care less about that issue anymore. Get over yourself.

Eric 

No I said in defense of Simflyers. Eric, complaining won't make things get any better. We all want the same thing. LOL. One day you'll get it. If you did you wouldn't still be complaining. Stating facts means that you also state the other side of issue.In any case, I think we've beat this one to death again. Have a good one.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

>In any case, I think we've beat this one to death again. Have>a good one.See, we can agree on something. Have a nice weekend.

Eric 

Guest Knikolaes

Woah, guys, please -- I started this thread to bring others together to try to learn what happened to Simflyers and hopefully initiate some sort of response as to what their current status is. Please, let's try to keep good heads and professionally try to get an answer to our questions. I know I am no moderator, but I'd feel bad if a concern I bring up starts a flaming session.

Guest Knikolaes

That will be something to look forward to (the airports that is) as i am wrapping up all of the current aircraft reviews for my web site and starting to make plans to expand to other areas of reviews -- the next will be airports. Imaginesim, Cloud9 and FlyTampa are by far developers of the absolute best airports I have seen thus far -- and I love how these developers work around each other to actually not produce the same airports -- gives that "community" feeling and also expands the choices we as virtual pilots have. Cloud9's KLAX VERY quickly replaced my Simflyers version, blending in beautifully with the Megascenery.I also pre-ordered the deluxe version of FSX -- so I am already building excitement as to the possibilities that sim will bring forth . . . ESPECIALLY in environment and airport scenery.Now if only I could find a developer to do KPUB -- it's on the "regional airport" level, nothing big, but our airport has a rich history and striving importance to corporate aircraft traveling across the country, as well as it is a major training ground for C-130's and twin Otters from Peterson AFB and the Air Force Academy nearby. We were also the home of the B-24 Liberator :-) Least to say when FSX comes out, I'll be very excited to see if someone develops KPUB for it.Anyway, sticking to the subject at hand -- if anyone does have success contact any of the last known Simflyers staff, please do post here so we can have some clue as to what is going on.

It's all about the access. Scenery design in the payware arena is no longer just about the charts and a few photos from A.net.It now takes months just to photograph a small airport properly, get the stationing diagrams so you actually know where all the signage is, then photographing what you see on the diagrams, etc. Your pics need to be of virtually every building from almost every angle.Then you still need a good aerial or current sat image with the sufficient resolution to make a good ground out of.You have to know where each airline parks and where each gate is physically attatched to the terminal. You have to know where every rental car building, admin building, fuel farm, are located and have pics of those. You have to coordinate with the airport OPS and PD departments for access or know someone who already sufficient acces to get most of the photos you need to where when you make a decision to exclude a building it doesn't impact the users sense of fullness, etc., etc.There's alot to consider before you get into the actual design process. Then you have to "keep up with the jone's" as the technology advances. I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.We'd love to have PUB and COS on our huge list, but to be honest they might be on our C list until we get the time to make the required coordination. I use to be stationed at Fort Cartoon myself for about 3 years so I know the area.Now as far as having any contact with John, not for quite a while to be honest.I also couldn't agree more with your sentiment about sticking to the topic.This whole thing was about the potential for the community potentially loosing a group of whom probably about 80% or more of you bought your first payware scenery from, so regardless of what you may think about them, I think a little respect and understanding is due to them, if nothing else. That's why I went off, yet again.Anyways, what happens will happen, I'm sure we'll all hear something soon.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

Guest Knikolaes

**smiles** Well, considering I have almost unlimited access to the area, that should not be an issue. I am in Flight School at the airport, and have even taken my own aerial photos of the airport. I can take plenty more and even arrange to go on a "ride-along" with security on one of their little patrols to snap some shots of the parimeter area. Only one airline serves KPUB (Great Lakes Aviation) which has two parking spots by the terminal.To tell you the truth, I honestly think the hardest thing to model on the entire airport would actually be the attached Air Museum, and that is only a matter of finding the right aircraft or developing the statics for the crazy things they have displayed there LOL.So if you do indeed want to add KPUB to your list, I can easily coordinate via email - christopher@puebloaviation.org - and I can also refer you to some of the shots i have already taken by my photo gallery at http://christopherdittmar.comAnd as for Simflyers -- I do have high respect -- which was the reason for my disappointment in this situation. I literaly have every single product they replaced and use them all. The ONLY airport i replaced of theirs in my collection was KLAX v2, because the Cloud9 version just seemed to have much more to offer. Before all of this started going on, there was even mention of Simflyers redoing some of their current airports to better blend in with the Megascenery titles that covered their areas. It was soon after this that they seemed to have "disappeared"

I remember that little musuem of 50's era monrails with the very first DOT logos on them and an X15 I thought, or at least alot of that early hypersonic research a/c. Very strange to see it all in disarray when I was there. There was a ton of amazing history there.We'll keep it all in mind when and if we're able to take it on. I'm sure that coordination with PUB would not be an issue and probably even COS would be fairly easy even with Pete Field across the way.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

Guest Knikolaes

**smiles** But of course. And yes most of that is still there at the museum.

Jeff,It seems to me that most people are frustrated with Simflyers because they have made no public statements nor updates whatsoever and are keeping their paying customers in the dark. (speaking of money ...) All they need to do is issue a statement on their website about their status and at least, even if it not good news, we'll know what is going on and won't speculate. There are many customers out there awaiting their next product or in my case, updates to existing products like KATL new runway 10/28 so it is only natural we would get frustrated. And Christopher Dittmar sent them an email and never got any response - that's very poor attitude and PR by Simflyers.John