Sign in to follow this  
TheEXxman

GTN 750 will not turn on.

I am trying to get the Flight1 GTN 750 to work on the a2a c172. I used the c172 aircraft configurator and got the panel to show up on it, but for the life of me I can't get it to turn on. I tried all the buttons on the panel and can't get them to work.

I'm sorry, I'm haven't been flying to long. I'm so used to fsx and haven't been using prepar3d that long. I'm more used to the default c172 in fsx. My stupid question is this how do you turn on the Avionics? If it's the two white switches then yes I have.

Yes, I definately have the avionics turned on. I just went back and tried it again and nothing seems to be happening.

I can use the GTN trainer, but I can't get anything to work on the aircraft. I've tried pressing left mouse click to see if it would pop up a window and it doesn't. I've done everything that I was supposed to do and it's not working.

Do you have the Flight1 GTN750 installed in any of your other flightsim aircraft? If so, is it working okay in the other aircraft? If the GTN 750 is working okay in your other aircraft but not in the A2A  C 172, then you may need to go to the A2A forum and post your issue there. 

I only have the A2A C172. I didn't think about going to the A2A forum and posting. I might try that too.

1 hour ago, TheEXxman said:

I only have the A2A C172. I didn't think about going to the A2A forum and posting. I might try that too.

There is a Aircraft Configurator.exe in your Documents\Prepar3dv4  Addons\A2A\A2A\Cessna172\Tools folder.  Run that exe and you can choose which GPS instrument you want to use.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I finally got it to working. I use Avast Antivirus and I had to make an exclusion for the GTN trainer so it would turn on. I finally got it to turn on, so now everything is working. Sorry, for those who replied to my OP. I appreciated all the suggestions.

I too have Avast Antivirus as well--It does not like the GTN750-650 and gives off "false positives". I have placed a Scan Exclusion for my main flight sim folder to resolve that and other potential false positive issues.If I suspect any potential virus in a flightsim download, I scan that download item first before incorporating it.

False positives have been a big complaint over at the Flight1 forum--the GTN & GNS program developers have communicated this to the main antivirus developers with out any success. That's why Flight1 highly recommends our antivirus program(s) be turned off first prior to downloading and installing their purchased items.