Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

FTX Central , will it ever work properly?

Do you have the German Scenery showing in the Europe region? If not go into settings and under general make sure the 3rd line "only show products that i have installed" is unticked. Onece you have it showing click on it and you should see all the version number etc.

• Like 2

Graham Smith
NZAA

BNF039.png

2 minutes ago, 53graham said:

Do you have the German Scenery showing in the Europe region? If not go into settings and under general make sure the 3rd line "only show products that i have installed" is unticked. Onece you have it showing click on it and you should see all the version number etc.

Thank you, that solved my problem, now I see it... I appreciate that, I would have never figured that one out. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

LOL  You guys are ahead of me.  I've got FTXCentral v2 on one of my computers and I'm afraid to do the migration to FTXCentral v3.  I remember the fiasco that occurred when the migration process first started.  Sooo, I haven't updated or purchased anything in quite a while.  

Jeff

Edited by JNS

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

38 minutes ago, JNS said:

LOL  You guys are ahead of me.  I've got FTXCentral v2 on one of my computers and I'm afraid to do the migration to FTXCentral v3.  I remember the fiasco that occurred when the migration process first started.  Sooo, I haven't updated or purchased anything in quite a while.  

Jeff

Its fine now, I to was freaked out but backed up my system and did the deed and all is well with V3

ZORAN

Thanks, zmak.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Thank you, that solved my problem, now I see it... I appreciate that, I would have never figured that one out. 

Well, one thing's for sure: you can't blame Orbx or FTX Central for this because that option is unticked by default. 😉 So at one moment in time you apparently did figure out yourself how to tick it! 😜 But then again, you can blame Orbx for adding this option... Options can be nice but sometimes they can make things confusing. And this option is one of them because by hiding not installed addons you also hide to option to install them which can lead to the problems you were having. 

BTW As some others have already posted I never had problems with FTX Central too: I frequently reinstalled P3D in the past and frequently reinstalled my Orbx addons from scratch: never a problem. You could say that apparently the user's internet connection is a problem here, not FTX Central, but the fact that you managed to download the manual installer files without any problems proves that your connection is fine. Seems to be a matter of luck then...

I am one of those that have never had any luck with downloading through FTX Central. But I have downloaded all files that I have bought manually without any problems and good speed.

Installation is then not an issue either.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Used manual Install, worked perfectly first time. I will never try  download with FTX again.  😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

never  had  any  kind  of  issues  of  installing   from  the  ftx  central 3 so  much easier   than it  was  before

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Have you guys raised these issues over at the ORBX forums? 

55 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Have you guys raised these issues over at the ORBX forums? 

Many posts with this type problem on that forum. Answer, use manual install. 

Well another issue popped up on my very first flight in Orbx FTX Germany. I have FSUIPC to see VAS usage, and right from the start I saw around only  700 meg left. As I flew it got lower and lower, and this is the NGX which I fly all the time, and never had an issue. One hour later, landing at EDDL, at 500 feet on the ILS , it dropped to 250-200-175. OOM......, 

My feeling at this point, is I made a $40 mistake getting Germany, I don't want to have to adjust sliders from my normal settings just to fly over this scenery, so I think I will just uninstall it. Now my question is, does uninstalling an FTX region cause any problems, or should I just avoid flying over Germany from now on? 

Edited by Bobsk8

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Many posts with this type problem on that forum. Answer, use manual install. 

Bob,

FTX Central 3 relies heavily on Microsoft .NET. If your computer is not up to date with Windows updates or the .NET install is damaged, FTX Central can crash. 

Also, antivirus software can interfere with the operation of FTX Central because of the communication mechanisms with the Orbx "mothership". 

The fact that you can download the packages manually tells me your internet connection and the Orbx servers are working as they should.

I suspect the reason Orbx repeatedly suggests manual install in cases like yours is they do not want to get into the business of computer support. 

Try doing a full Windows update, then repairing the install of FTX Central. 

Hope this helps.

(PS my FTX Central has worked flawlessly since the the early FSX Central 2 problems with the migrated regions was resolved.)