Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Win10 Intel(R) Management Engine

Hi, I've been searching for 4 days now to try and remedy this issue, I'm pretty sure it occurred just after the 1803 creators update but can't be positive, I've got an error with the Intel (R) Management Engine Interface in the device manager, This devise cannot start. (Code 10), STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE, I've searched the web downloaded multible drivers from Intel and the one provided by the MSI download centre (system, MSI GT72 2QD, GTX970M, 32gig ram, 500g SSD, 1TB HD), no driver wants to install and if they do it last's a few seconds and wham the fault is back, I've spoken to MSI but not really helpfull or just don't want to know about it, I'm having random things happening like they system takes age's to boot, P3DV4.3 will start the splash screen and then disappear's and the computer shuts down, not all the time as it's completely random, there's simply remedies on the web, just install the latest driver, well it doesn't work for me as there dosen't seem to be a driver that works, there's some pretty cluey  people on Avsim so I was hopeing someone here has come across this issue previously and could shed some light on it for me as I'm now in no man's land.

Regards Rod.

Tough one in cases like that i take an image then drop a fresh copy of windows on and try to replicate,  if it happens on a vanilla operating system it is probably hardware issue then the hunts on the find the hardware issue via diagnostics programs

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Thanks Suchw, I'm really starting to walk on egg shells at this point, just a quick flight out of Flytampa OMDB, 777, AS16, UTL and Skyforce, Orbx, 4096 textures, 4ssgs 30 fps crystal clear no problems, so at this point it doesn't seem to effecting P3d, but its annoying to know that something is wrong, I did take a full mirror copy of the whole system a few weeks ago but I'm not sure when this cropped up, if I did a clean restart of win10 do you know if I lose any P3d files? I'm afraid to hit the button, or just take it to the doctor.

Regards Rod