Sign in to follow this  
onduty

Lost Repaints

Hi Guys,

It seems that a lot of excellent repaints (and many hours of devoted work) went down the pipe with aussiex.org site.

Particularly interested in a DC-6A TMA Lebanon repaint. Anyone who was able to save this file before aussiex.org went inop?

Please PM me.

Many thanks for your help,

Tamas

2 hours ago, onduty said:

Anyone who was able to save this file before aussiex.org went inop?

I don't recall ever coming across this site, so I'm betting it wasn't large enough to have its own hosting. You *might* have some luck if you look for an archived version of the site, and then try the download links there, as the files may still exist at the linked locations.

Kyle Rodgers

17 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I don't recall ever coming across this site

:rolleyes: You've led a very sheltered life then.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

6 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

:rolleyes: You've led a very sheltered life then.

In my defense...the site is called "aussiex" and I'm in the States, with AVSIM, which largely takes care of everything I'd need. OZ is a bit out of the way for most of the flying I do, too (though oddly enough, one of our planes in Global Flight Ops just got delivered to YSSY last weekend by me).

Kyle Rodgers

I just saw that some of the DC-6 repaints that were solely available on aussiex have recently be uploaded to AVSIM (e.g. both of the Kar Air liveries). Still sad that aussiex went down, had loads of great stuff!

I first learned about aussiex when I tried downloading repaints for the UIVER DC-2... sad to have never been able to visit it...

will it ever come back? or is it for sure lost?

Robert Toten

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:21 AM, onduty said:

Hi Guys,

It seems that a lot of excellent repaints (and many hours of devoted work) went down the pipe with aussiex.org site.

Particularly interested in a DC-6A TMA Lebanon repaint. Anyone who was able to save this file before aussiex.org went inop?

Please PM me.

Many thanks for your help,

Tamas

I think the painter is Jan Kees Blom. He moved all his paints to right here in the AVSIM library.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090