Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Captain Sim 757 RR Released

Comes in at US$30.

I know American Airlines uses RR powered 757, and I think Icelandair...are there many other large airlines still using RR powered 757s?  I know Delta and United both use PW.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

United actually has just as many RR 757s as they do PW. Don't forget Continental had a large RR only 757-200 and 757-300 fleet.

• Like 2

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Is it just me or is the price tag ludicrously high for what you're getting?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

So $105 for both variants? Wow. Captain Sim must think very highly of themselves. PMDG prices for Carenado quality...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

$30 for a engine change, I’ll pass and pick it up during a CS sale. I’m waiting for the Freighter myself. I wonder if the freighter will cost more seeing it’s more than a engine variation change.  CS prices are starting to pass the PMDG if you were to compare the cost of both packages. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

$30 for a engine change, I’ll pass and pick it up during a CS sale. I’m waiting for the Freighter myself. I wonder if the freighter will cost more seeing it’s more than a engine variation change.  CS prices are starting to pass the PMDG if you were to compare the cost of both packages. 

I doubt itwill be part of the usual 10$ sale... and even a 50% sale would be kind of expensive. I couldn't find a lot of people who said it is worth the money. If there are some, please speak out!

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Any news on the Legendary 707 being updated to P3D v4?

20 minutes ago, jan4hcd said:

Is it just me or is the price tag ludicrously high for what you're getting?

Not just you. 

18 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

So $105 for both variants? Wow. Captain Sim must think very highly of themselves. PMDG prices for Carenado quality...

Pretty sure just about every simmer who knows the history of our major vendors knows that the pricing structure for this product by this vendor is, well...as Jan said...simply ludicrous.

At that price you'd hope to get continuing updates for the product that needed updates to fix the bugs they couldn't fix before they released it to the public...but I guarantee as soon as they release their next pretty exterior model, this one will fall into the same service cycle as all their previous products...just ask any L1011, 777, etc owner how the updates to fix issues for their purchases are coming along.  😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, vc10man said:

Hehe...my point exactly Rick!  If they do update it, it will most likely be a straight port from the old FS9 technology with updates to the pretty exterior to make pretty screenshots to entice buyers to plop down a ridiculous amount of money for an exterior model update to P3dv4 standards and a "promise" of updated systems, and other internal parts that make a plane a real full package...not just a pretty shell with useless emergency slide animations, a radar dish that sweeps side to side.

Then, like every one of their previous releases, it will fall into the black hole of updates once the next new shiny plane comes out from them....it is such a predictable, repeatable pattern by this vendor...but we never seem to learn, hehe.  If I really want a CS plane, I always wait for the $10 sale...and if it doesn't go on sale that year...I'll just get it the next year when it likely will.  I'll never pay their ridiculous initial price....it like buying a new car off the showroom. 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

The plane has something going for it but cockpit night lighting is truly a gross joke - looks something out of pre-FS9.  $30 for a new variant with identical features albeit a slightly different flight model?  Me don't think so....

Edited by ieydis
typo

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

1 hour ago, American 833 Heavy said:

United actually has just as many RR 757s as they do PW. Don't forget Continental had a large RR only 757-200 and 757-300 fleet.

Thanks, I did not know that.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Comes in at US$30.

I know American Airlines uses RR powered 757, and I think Icelandair...are there many other large airlines still using RR powered 757s?  I know Delta and United both use PW.

TUI has 14 RR-powered 757s, it is the world's largest chartered airline. They will be replacing them with 787s in a couple of years. Jet 2 is the UK's fourth largest low cost carrier, it has eleven RR-powered Boeing 757s. They will probably get rid of theirs too at about the same time as the company doesn't tend to like having old equipment.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I was slightly tempted to buy this aircraft at one point, even at its already incredibly inflated price. But no chance now, it could end up costing atleast $170+ if all the variants follow the same price structure

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Just looked it up on their forums Rick.  According to the official post, they will update, in this order...777, L1011, 707. (if they don't change it...again)

They posted this June 3 of last year, and so far none of them have been released for V4. 

If you extrapolate a little, based on their existing track record...even if they didn't have their latest jewel (the 757) taking up all their time making an new engine variant for $30, with the freighter sure to follow with probably the same pricing scheme...and they JUST updated the 777 and released it today (yeah right), you're looking at least into 2020 before they get around to releasing the 707 for P3dvX (as we'll be way past version 4 by then)...and that's only if they are not chugging away at a P3dV4 767 (almost a certainty)...and if so, extend that estimate out to 2022 or so.  😂

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg