Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Flight Metric's and/or Data Recorder Utility Wanted

I'm looking for a program to use in P3dV4.3+ that will record flight data metrics that I can do post flight analysis work with and that maintains a log/database file of previous flights. Something similar to Aerosoft's Flight Keeper and/or the discontinued REX Latitude (without any of the MMP Bells and whistles). I'm trying to find something that runs autonomously in the background with little or very slight performance impact running it from either the client or a networked machine.

Got any Ideas?

RE Thomason Jr.

Try Tiny Tracker and Viewer.   I have not had a chance to use and don’t know if this will track all your desired data points.   Looks like it does what Cloud Ahoy does without a subscription but less features.

Have a look at both.

http://www.aero.sors.fr/GE.html

I have been running FS Flightkeeper since ages and it is still doing its job on a client via WideFS under P3DV4.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

11 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

I have been running FS Flightkeeper since ages and it is still doing its job on a client via WideFS under P3DV4.

Really, I was under the impression it was not very usable? I already have a copy of it and WideFS and FSK so I'll try that route first, then look into FS-Flight Control. Do you experience any issues using FSKeeper with add ons that use the .xml method of activation? It was my understanding that FSKeeper had problems in recording some of the newer aircraft releases? I'll give it a go and see what my experience is like.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edit* Actually after watching the FS Flight Control Promo Video and given the 14day free trial I'm going to go that route. Like the  Multi-platform support and the IOS app capability. If I can run this off my Amazon Fire Tablet it's going to be a win, even though I don't need all of the features it offers.

Edited by Blaze

RE Thomason Jr.

yes, of course you have to create a separate utility to create a scenery config - I am using the Lorby tool for this - out of which you can the create the files for FSFK.... complicated, I know but I am not doing this very often.

As to the aircraft recognition, I would not know - I am 99.999 % of the time using Project Airbus or Thomas Ruth's A330 and those are recognized.

But I see you have made up your mind already, so the point is moot.

Have fun !

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

On 8/8/2018 at 9:58 PM, A340Bangla said:

Would like to know how you have it configured.  Not all features work with my configuration though I can record and submit a flight to my VA.  Specifically, I can't download flight weather when using P3D4, even though it works perfectly with FSX-SE.  Also not able to have the destination airport filled in when starting a new flight, nor being able to rebuild the navigation database.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Lets see:

as to the weather, I had not paid particular attention to that, but have now set it up to use Active Sky weather (from the HiFi directory). Don't know yet if this is going to work....

I have set up the main directory of P3DV4 on my flightsim server as FS main directory (in file/folder options) and the flightplan is being read 95 % of the time. As I have also mapped the directory where the flight plans go on the server, so it is easyto  just open the flight plan there (if it is not read automatically).

As far as the database is concerned this is a convoluted story, but there is a file on the AS Server (http://www.flightkeeper.net/downloads.html)

called AS_FSK_351_NAV_DB_Builder.zip which can be used to build the database files for FSFK.

Edit: Sorry, the file is on a website belonging to Thomas Molitor (developer of FSFK)

Edited by A340Bangla

Erhard