Sign in to follow this  
swissa340

No autogen in P3d v4.3

Hi,

I started experiencing this issue that when let's say I start descending and approach the airport the autogen doesn't load in. I just see blank ground textures. Sometimes the autogen (buildings and trees) loads in behind the aircraft but that's very seldom. I tried lowering my settings to a minimum without success and I experimented with default, ORBX and Turbulent Design autogen trees but nothing really worked. I'm reather reluctant to reinstalling the whole sim becuase it takes me about 2 days to reinstall everything.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Greetings

Alex

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Alex,

I've been working on the no AG problem and will post my finding/results tonight in the "Blurries" thread.  The ONLY way I was able to make sure AG never disappeared and terrain remained crisp was to switch from TFR (Target Frame Rate) = Unlimited TO TFR = 31, Vsync On, FFTF = 0.33 (default, any lower value would eventually trigger AG to stop rendering) ... this was testing at 3000-7000 ft with speed of 400-500Kts with the following add-ons (Orbx FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC, HD Trees, Turbulent Flora, PILOTs 2018 NG Mesh, CP, HiFi AS4, etc.).

I was able to duplicate the AG problem with just one add-on (FTX Global) when running Unlimited.  With ZERO add-ons Unlimited works just fine.  The downside is that performance is smoother with Unlimited and Vsync On, but I lose all my AG rather quickly during a flight.  If you run a 30Hz monitor then TFR=31 and Vsync still work pretty good but there will be some long frames.

I've got everything recorded, just need to do some voice over and put up on YouTube.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Hi Alex,

I've been working on the no AG problem and will post my finding/results tonight in the "Blurries" thread.  The ONLY way I was able to make sure AG never disappeared and terrain remained crisp was to switch from TFR (Target Frame Rate) = Unlimited TO TFR = 31, Vsync On, FFTF = 0.33 (default, any lower value would eventually trigger AG to stop rendering) ... this was testing at 3000-7000 ft with speed of 400-500Kts with the following add-ons (Orbx FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC, HD Trees, Turbulent Flora, PILOTs 2018 NG Mesh, CP, HiFi AS4, etc.).

I was able to duplicate the AG problem with just one add-on (FTX Global) when running Unlimited.  With ZERO add-ons Unlimited works just fine.  The downside is that performance is smoother with Unlimited and Vsync On, but I lose all my AG rather quickly during a flight.  If you run a 30Hz monitor then TFR=31 and Vsync still work pretty good but there will be some long frames.

I've got everything recorded, just need to do some voice over and put up on YouTube.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob.

That sounds interesting. I look forward to hearing about it in more detail on the 'Blurries' thread. Any idea why it seems to be to do with FTX Global??

Edited by GHarrall

Have you updated your Orbx Libs? I upgraded from 4.1 to 4.3 and had very little autogen until I updated my Orbx Libs.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I have been running 4.3 with FPS locked 29 FFTF installed LOD 8.5 as found it the best settings for my system in test flight EGKK to EGLL in ORBX UK.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

FTX Global adds more trees/buildings than a default installation, also significantly improved terrain tiles.  Orbx OpenLC will add even more terrain textures and AG as will Orbx Vector ... increased load with increased graphics settings require a different approach.

Yes there was a recently updated Orbx Library which was used/installed prior to my testing.

Cheers, Rob.

yeah this is the problem that spelled the end of running unlimited frames and vsync with display set to 30hz. There where plenty of predictions that this would happen when P3D went to 64bit. I figure that the people who where making those predictions really knew what they where taking about. Anyway, I think the only solution to this problem is not running at unlimited Frames and using that addon that adjusts FFTF on the fly. That's what I would do. Only I saw a post sometime back by the developer that said that you could use the addon with frame rate set to unlimited and it still worked. I thought yeah BS. I am guessing that you can set your Frame rate to unlimited but the addon will change that setting. Otherwise (if I have any understanding of how this works), FFTF does NOTHING! My opinion is that this is a consequence of recompiling the sim to 64 bit and it won't be fixed until V5

Is this just affecting Orbx users? Sorry for the question but I just upgraded to Prepar3d v.4 and haven't seen this problem yet and was just curious. Thanks ahead as always!

asking Is this just affecting Orbx user, is the same as asking is this just affecting everybody!

5 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Hi Alex,

Cheers, Rob.

Triple Buffering on or off and LOD setting? 

Eric 

@Avidean   Well not actually as I don't use Orbx products. I was just curious as to whether it affects the rest of us so to speak. Yes odd I know but I don't use Orbx and am not likely too.

3 hours ago, Merlin59 said:

Is this just affecting Orbx users?

No, I've tested in both a clean no add-on P3D V4.2 and P3D V4.3 and they both exhibit the same behavior when TFR = Unlimited.

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Triple Buffering on or off and LOD setting?

Tried with Triple Buffering On and Off, no difference in regards to the issue appearing when TFR = Unlimited.  

I'll get my video up tomorrow night (I hope) with all the testing including contiguous footage of P3D Version in (ID masked) and graphics settings and demonstrating the issue with Unlimited and how overcome it with TFR = xx and FFTF values.

Cheers, Rob.

Same here: with FPS limited inside P3D to 30, FFTF=0.33 and VSYNC "on", I get by far the best results regarding autogen loading and terrain loading. The reduction of FPS on heavy airports however is quiet noticable.

@Rob Ainscough Basically this finding would be definitely a reason to go for the dynamic FFTF product, no? Or do you think that autogen loading is corrupted as soon as anything else than FFTF=0.33 is used and never restored again? Otherwise this tool might just be what I need, lower FFTF on heavy Airports, FFTF=0.33 or even higher when en route. Just not very helpful if the initial lower FFTF value at the departure airport corrupts the sim in a way that also dynamically increasing the FFTF while flying does not restore autogen loading anymore...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

Basically this finding would be definitely a reason to go for the dynamic FFTF product, no?

I don't have the product so I can't really comment too much about it.  What I don't understand about dynamic FFTF is how AG would recover when it dynamically changes the FFTF value to 0.01 (or any value low enough to trigger AG to stop rendering) ... once AG get so far behind in batching it just stops, there is no "catchup" so it requires a scenery reload at this point.  Also how is Dynamic FFTF measuring "load", simply by altitude or is it hooking into main core CPU load?

To be honest, I'd rather just see Unlimited work well with a Vsync 30.  But all this effort in "tweaking" might be a moot point later on in the year.  But for the here and now, if Dynamic FFTF works for you, go for it.

Cheers, Rob.