Sign in to follow this  
FatherDane

Bank Angle Switch

The Bank Angle switch seems to have no affect on the 737.  If I set it to the lowest (10) the auto-pilot pays no attention and the turns are whatever the simulator seems to want - often turning at 20 or 25.  Is this supposed to happen?  I thought the switch would control the angle of a turn but as it doesn't I'm wondering if this is one of those features that wasn't included in PMDG 737NGX.

Could you check, please?

Thanks

Father Dane

Which lateral mode are you in?

I assume the NG is the same as the 767 and 744; the Bank Angle selector only affects HDG SEL. It has no effect on bank angles in LNAV.

Hi Father Dane,

the bank angle selector controls maximum bank angle when in HDG SEL or VOR modes not when in LNAV..maybe could be that?

Anyway see FCOM Vol.2 page 198..Hope this help.

Best Regards

Andrea Nuono

2 hours ago, FatherDane said:

Could you check, please?

Common misconception.

Does not affect LNAV.

Kyle Rodgers

I can confirm the above is correct. it's why when I'm sent to a direct fix, I tend to pop into HDG mode to make the turn and then reselect LNAV when the angle is small.

Bit smoother for the paying guests down the back..

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!