Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

AI & ATC

Hi

I'm a learner user of P3D, but before that I bought x-plane and stopped using it because I didn't like the fact that it gives pretty rubbish ATC. at least on P3Dv4 it gets me through my flight plan (even though I know its not great there, too). 

I would like to see if Xplane does have addons for good AI traffic, like Ultimate Traffic Live for P3D, and a good ATC, like maybe ProATC - both for xplane? I have seen X-life, and it sounds like the type of thing I'm looking for, but it says only for x-plane 10, not 11.

Any advice for some good products to do this would be good! 

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

In X-plane Pilot2atc and world traffic 3 are by far the best options imho , and you can use them working together, there are still issues with WT3(plane separation, ATC cant see the planes in the ground, etc) but the dev is working on this issues and doing a full integration with p2atc.

As a side note wt3 requires some "maintenance" to get it working right regarding the issues that still has, but a must have for AI in XP in my opinion.

More info the best place to look and questioning regarding wt3 is in x-plane.org

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Hi guys, thanks for getting back to me.

I just worked out that I bought World Traffic 3 a couple of months ago, but I don't think I used it. I installed it, but I may be using the built-in ATC, rather than the one that comes with WT3. Is that possible, or does WT3 come with ATC at all (I was getting some ATC - but it was rubbish)?

In which case, getting both of them sounds good.

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

5 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Hi guys, thanks for getting back to me.

I just worked out that I bought World Traffic 3 a couple of months ago, but I don't think I used it. I installed it, but I may be using the built-in ATC, rather than the one that comes with WT3. Is that possible, or does WT3 come with ATC at all (I was getting some ATC - but it was rubbish)?

In which case, getting both of them sounds good.

Gaz

Read the WT3 manual!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

32 minutes ago, strider1 said:

Read the WT3 manual

Thanks for your help. btw - I have.

Gaz on Facebook

Hi,

I installed World Traffic, but it appears to have gotten rid of all of my AI aircraft! I have put the point in the x-plane forum with more details in there (if you click on that link).  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

16 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Hi,

I installed World Traffic, but it appears to have gotten rid of all of my AI aircraft! I have put the point in the x-plane forum with more details in there (if you click on that link).  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gaz

I don't use ATC since its borked! I think laminar is working on a fix but I don't think it will be ready till 11.40. You need to read the manual carefully, it's too confusing for me to try and explain. Keep in mind if you have no traffic it might be because messed up the install or airport itself might not have taxi routes built into it. Watch the tutorial

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/130302-wt3-setup-tutorial-video/

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/135748-tutorials-by-capt-k-man-and-stephen-dutton/

Edited by strider1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

124th ATC is free and works flawlessly. I just don't like the X-Plane 10 style interface it has, but I have aesthetics neurosis and others may not even mind.  

World Traffic 3 ATC is pretty solid if you can live with the window that will always pop open right on your screen, which is very annoying. The major plus side is that ATC will not only guide you, but all the other AI planes of WT3. No other ATC solution can offer this at this point in time. But as with all things X-Plane, it is only a matter of time. I think it's safe to say that in a year from now, there will be very good options. Either the updated WT3 ATC (which the dev is already working on, and it will come with Pilot2ATC and - hopefully - 124th integration), an improved 124th or even an overhauled version of X-Plane's own ATC.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

7 hours ago, strider1 said:

Watch the tutorial

That's brilliant, I will do. I appreciate you getting back to me with this,and I'll give it a go. 

When I started my sim for the first time (in months) yesterday, it said it had an update, and I'm guessing that problem you mentioned was a part of the update. Shame to hear it, but would be glad to see a fix. In the meantime I'll do what you suggested. 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

124th ATC is free and works flawlessly

Interesting, I'll take a look, although when I wrote this post, I didn't realise I had already bought World Traffic, just not got it working. 

I tried using the ATC out of the box with xplane, but I didn't like it to be honest, and then when I got close to the arrival airport and down to the instructed 4000ft, it then stopped communicating with me - so his would I know how to get to the airport? It just didn't make sense to me. 

11 hours ago, strider1 said:

WT3

I have a quick question about getting through the path given to me by WT3. does it have a guide, like the built in ATC? The reason I ask is that I've never looked at taxi signs or anything, I've always simply followed the guide it puts on the taxiway. I know this is not the best solution, and it is very beginner stuff. If not - I'll lookup where to learn this stuff. At a lot of European airports they have 'Follow Me' trucks. 

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

22 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Interesting, I'll take a look, although when I wrote this post, I didn't realise I had already bought World Traffic, just not got it working. 

I tried using the ATC out of the box with xplane, but I didn't like it to be honest, and then when I got close to the arrival airport and down to the instructed 4000ft, it then stopped communicating with me - so his would I know how to get to the airport? It just didn't make sense to me. 

I have a quick question about getting through the path given to me by WT3. does it have a guide, like the built in ATC? The reason I ask is that I've never looked at taxi signs or anything, I've always simply followed the guide it puts on the taxiway. I know this is not the best solution, and it is very beginner stuff. If not - I'll lookup where to learn this stuff. At a lot of European airports they have 'Follow Me' trucks. 

Thanks, Gaz

Well, you have two options I guess:

1. Use the free camera to move up to a birds-eye perspective, make out your runway, and just taxi there as you like.

2. Use a plug-in called (I think) Airport Navigator, which gives you a good map (X-Plane's map is unfortunately completely useless on the ground).

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

Use a plug-in called (I think) Airport Navigator, which gives you a good map (X-Plane's map is unfortunately completely useless on the ground).

that sounds brilliant, I'll take a look.

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

The third option would be to get an airport diagram (skyvector.com, for example) and print it out or show it on your smartphone or whatever. Then navigate by this map and the signage like real pilots do. The black signs with yellow letters say "You are here" (i.e. A means you are on A). The yellow signs with black letters and arrows mean "for that taxiway, go that way", i.e. <-A means turn left to get onto A.

There are follow-me cars on airports available to guide aircraft around, but they usually only send those out if some aircrew appearantly can´t find their way (and the whole airport is already in tears laughing) or they ask for one (which results in the same... 😂)

Cheers, Jan

8 minutes ago, Janov said:

There are follow-me cars on airports available

It's funny that you say that because every Spannish airport I have been to sends out Follow Me cars - and I don't know why..? The pilots have been to those places before. I just find it odd, but in my situation it makes things easy.

Your advice on how to read the signs is really helpful, I appreciate it, thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook