Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

How can I turbocharge my CitationX?

I know it's heresy to alter characteristics . . . but this is such a cool looking craft it would be nice to amp up its thrust so it can climb more like . . . an F-15!Any tips much appreciated,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest RiddlePilot

It already goes Mach .92. How much faster do you want it? If you're looking for a fighter jet, why not download a fighter jet?

Well, the climb rate is the thing I'm wishing to amp up. Seems really whimpy compared to my Cessna 441 Conquest turboprop.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Read your manual and observe quoted speeds, it will outclimb the Conquest if you fly it properly. BTW you can only turbocharge a piston or rotary engine, jets and turboprops use the same type of turbine powerplant just different way of getting the power to the air.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>Read your manual and observe quoted speedsHeresy but of course! Just wanted to have some fun goofing around with this. If anyone can answer my original question of how to tweak the .air file to increase thrust please chime in. It will be much appreciated.Noel

Noel

Umm. You don't know? FSEDit that comes with the aircraft SDK.Or possibly AirEd but I'm not too familiar with it.You can do it with either of those...You can jack the thrust way up if you want.Just make sure you up the overspeed limit, or else you won't be able to have any fun. Unless you turn off the 'aircraft damage causes stress' flag.One other variable you might have to mod in FSEdit would be the var about maximum speed. The sim will try to maintain this speed, no matter the lbs thrust setting you have, within reason.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Much obliged Rhett.Noel

Noel