Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

FlyJsim 727 V3

Let me know if there's much difference between Version 2 and Version 3 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Looks like a great plane. I am getting back into X-Plane and may consider getting one or more FlyJsim planes. The 737 and the Dash 8 both look like great aircraft.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hold off buying the Dash just yet - It works well in X-Plane 10, but not so good in X-Plane 11, wait for version 2 of the Dash in about a year's time

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

8 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Looks like a great plane. I am getting back into X-Plane and may consider getting one or more FlyJsim planes. The 737 and the Dash 8 both look like great aircraft.

Wait for the Dash, it needs more help for xp11.  The 732 is superb.

If I had more time I'd love to get the 727.  I could fly NWA Orient once again!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well folks, just like the v2, I got the v3, and what a machine this is! FlyJSim, like PMDG, is one of those developers that never disappoint. The workload is quite hefty indeed, but once you master the flight model and its systems, the rewards are plentiful. Be warned, it's a aircraft with "soul" and quite frankly, I believe the designers built in a  "I'm going to catch you off guard"-feature during descent, but once you learn all the quirks, well, let's just say it's worth every penny. 

Is this close to PMDG quality,,,also is most of the interior lighting variable and does it look good or is it pixalted like some?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

32 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Is this close to PMDG quality,,,also is most of the interior lighting variable and does it look good or is it pixalted like some?

I understand the question about PMDG as "is this study-level", and the answer is definitely yes 🙂 So PMDG typically produces other types of aircraft with high attention to modern glass-cockpits and modern flight management systems, and therefore are not comparable in that respect, but they do both replicate the real thing in such detail that you can easily pick up any real life manual and replicate instructions in the sim with ease. 

Lighting in X-plane is based on light-sources defined in the engine itself, and therefore not based on textures. Typically, texture-based lighting would create artifacts as those mentioned, but in X-plane this does generally not occur, except some cases where the developer does a poor job with backlit-illumination etc, but this is not the case for this aircraft and something i seldom see today.  

Some important points to be made:

• You can add the default X-plane FMS to get routing-functionality, and it works flawlessly out of the box, but descent/climb-profiles are typically done manually, just as in the real 72 from that era. Frankly, it makes it more demanding (aka. fun) as well. 
  • I absolutely adore all PMDG aircraft(!), the feel, sounds, systems, well everything about them. Been a customer since the B1900. The same with FlyJSim. You can say that they are on the top of their game for each platform, but FJS is focused on the classics, and PMDG on the modern aircraft. That being said, the DC-6 is really superb, but not updated to include the latest X-plane 11 features, but if they do, they will easily climb to being one of the best XP11-devs around. 
  • This is a hands-on aircraft, but the flight model is something to admire for hours and hours. Especially in bad weather as it will test your abilities for sure 🙂

X-plane reviews just posted an in depth review, and I highly recommend you read it. Includes both pictures and videos. 

Edit: 

To add to the stuff about lighting, see attached screenshot. It really shows the effort made by the devs when it comes to that subject. 

2W1j9Rh.jpg

Edited by Torbjoern
Added picture
  • Upvote 1

Thanks,,great looking aircraft - now if someone would make a great 707 🙂

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

@warbirds Just read in your signature that you worked on the A2A B-17. Outstanding work on that by the way, and thanks for creating on of my favorites! What an aircraft that is, and much more complicated to manage than the 72, so I'm guessing you will have no problem what so ever managing the 72 😉 

The cockpit lightning is just sublime. It is even better than the top-of-the-line addons in P3D V4. Every small light-bulb illuminates its sorroundings. The effect when you turn on the bright white-light on the is magnificent...

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Yes, it's worth the money. I got the discount from V1 to V2, and V2 to V3 - 3rd times the charm. 

I note though. It's very award to use TrackIR on the engineer's panel. 🙂

Jude Bradley

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

Yes, it's worth the money. I got the discount from V1 to V2, and V2 to V3 - 3rd times the charm. 

I note though. It's very award to use TrackIR on the engineer's panel. 🙂

In VR it works reasonably well! Of course it is very challenging to to the work at three people at the same time, but it adds to the fun. 🙂

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus