Sign in to follow this  
Toni Juhani Hiltunen

PTA window closes after start

Hi

I have issue with my PTA, when i press the shortcut on my Windows 10 Pro desktop, PTA window only flashes and shutsdown immeadetly.

Is there any fix for this problem? Antivirus disabled, UAC off  etc things have done, but still no Go.

Thank you.

Edited by Toni Juhani Hiltunen

PTA does a quick "update/latest version" online check each time it starts up. I'm not sure whether there's a licensing/activation check in there as well (do a search here on Avsim - I think it's been covered).

Either way - if your firewall is blocking the request (or you're not online), it could cause problems. You might need to add an exclusion rule for PTA to your firewall - and check your firewall logs to see whether it's already been blocked.

I seem to remember Matt saying he was going to re-work this "feature" for some later version of PTA, but I could be wrong.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Ok, i will try check out the my firewall settings. I have Norton Antivirus with Firewall installed. This is funny, it just a few days ago started to do this, dunno what causes the problem.

I have not installed anything for my Windows, only i updated my Milviz DHC-3, nothing else.

I had a Windows update a day or so ago (except I'm still on Win7x64). Something may have changed in your firewall settings behind your back.

While you're digging around, make sure that Windows Defender's firewall is disabled - as it will conflict with the Norton one. Also - check that either you have UAC turned off or that you're running PTA as administrator.

Well, something weird has happened to my computer few days ago. After i restarted my computer and went back to windows, i was able to use PTA little bit over a minute without error and PTA window disappeared. 😄

I also made a full scan to my computer with Norton, Super antiSpybot and Malwarebytes, cleaned all possible virus files etc.

Ok, i have checked and added PTA.exe to my Norton trusted list etc, but still no go. This is very very weird 😄

Oooh dear!!! Looks like your firewall isn't the problem (now) - or you wouldn't be able to even start PTA. Have you checked Windows the crash logs? Windows Defender Firewall is definitely off?

Yes, i disabled Windows Defender and the WD SmartScreen systems using guide i found internet. I have to try think what i have done in windows few days ago, maby i found the solution to my problem 🙂

Thank you Adamski_NZ for your help 🙂

Ok, seems like the problem is fully solved.

There was a malware in my computer, miner etc. I used kaspersky virus removal tool and all works fine now 🙂

I think is waste of money when i buyed licence of Norton, Norton did not found any viruses from my C:\ Drive, but Kaspersky found and totally free software

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.