Sign in to follow this  
williebarry1

LatinVFR Baltimore Terrain/ Ground Issue

34 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi, in the coming days we should fix those bumps around the GA apron that all users are experiencing. We apologize for that.

If our mesh was overriding any other mesh it is because ours was more detailed. If ours was less detailed you would have any others show up, its the way that FS loads up meshes. Ours is 5m, and its very difficult to top that.. I say this with pride. 🙂

Thanks for the comments and soon you should hear back from us regarding the fix.

FYI, the FS Global Ultimate Next Generation Mesh is 73GB download of compressed mesh. It ranges from LOD10 for flat regions to LOD15 (1m) for some more mountainous regions, with especially high detail in North America. There is no way for me to know what level it is at KBWI. I also know that there are numerous other mesh files in KBWI that I did not disable. I assumed those were for the areas outside the airport.  The mesh I saw poking through after deleting KBWIMesh.bgl did appear very detailed. In any case, the airport looks great. I did some brief testing of the difference between 1m and 2m and there was no discernible difference in the Baltimore-Washington region. If there was any difference it was only for a few seconds when flying close to the ground. I figure I can change my settings to 1m when I go sightseeing in GA aircraft and switch to 2m for flying the big birds. I will do both at KBWI.

Also, I have another minor complaint about KBWI. As I was snooping around inside the terminals I suddenly had to go, and I was unable to find any toilet paper in the bathroom.  🙂  I hope this is remedied in the next version.

Again, thanks for the very cool scenery. I really like it and look forward to the next version.

Cheers,

AJ

3 hours ago, ArJunaBug said:

Also, I have another minor complaint about KBWI. As I was snooping around inside the terminals I suddenly had to go, and I was unable to find any toilet paper in the bathroom.  🙂  I hope this is remedied in the next version. 

Will certainly look at that for the fix 🙂

• Like 1

Ricardo,

THANK YOU for finally getting BWI into my flight simming world! She's beautiful. I love the work you've done on the terrain. I fly in and out of there all the time, and your's looks just like the real deal. Every time I am on a flight taxiing around (particularly in the winter), I always wonder why they never flattened some of the areas around the taxiways. There are some fairly steep drops along the edges. Easy for a plane to slip off of in the snow. Like earlier this year in February. The video clearly shows one. :biggrin:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/local/southwest-plane-skids-off-runway-in-baltimore/2018/02/07/2bc4ea78-0c2f-11e8-998c-96deb18cca19_video.html

Pause it at 13 seconds, and you can see how close SWA came to getting a brand spanking new 737. Just one or two more feet...

On 9/6/2018 at 9:19 AM, ArJunaBug said:

Good morning Ricardo,

I set my mesh to 2m this morning and spent some time looking around KBWI. It looks really cool with the 3D terrain around the airport. I came here to report that I again ran into an invisible something on a runway that caused my aircraft to momentarily stand up on its wingtip and slam back to the ground.  I have all collision detection off and damage turned off and yet this airport can still damage my plane.  I'd be willing to live with the 2m setting if the next version could have an option to turn off the collisions and strange stars, dust, and whirlwind that consumes the aircraft for no good reason.

Yesterday, I made the switch to P3D. I have been running FSX:SE with BWI installed for a couple of weeks. There are some strange lines that run across the entire airport, but only in the fall season (I do not see them in P3Dv4). The rest of the year, they are not present. I had no other issues to speak of. Back to P3D. I also installed BWI in P3D. Everything looks great. Something I did (probably related to GSX L2) caused the jetways to disappear (they are still present in FSX). If you have any suggestions for troubleshooting that in P3Dv4, I would appreciate it.

The reason I quoted ArJunaBug is that on my very 1st flight around BWI in the F-22, I crashed at about 2500' directly above BWI. I was doing about 230kts when I hit something. My plane stopped dead in mid air with the "Crash" message displayed. However, it did exactly what ArJunaBug said, "that caused my aircraft to momentarily stand up on its wingtip". I switched to external spot view, and observed the sparks, brown cloud, and vertical wingtip pose. Identical to what he described. I was going to catch a screen shot, but P3D restarted the flight before I could... I was using the FSX:SE screenshot keystroke by accident. :wacko:

Here's a link to the thread about the lines in the fall in the FSX version. It has pics...

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440